• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Linux Question

Started by Brian Cunningham, 2008-10-11T02:44:45-05:00 (Saturday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Cunningham

One of my managers at work (this is a non technical place)(Panteras) has been trying to first dual boot xp/vista  and then when he had that set up, he was going to try xp/vista/ubuntu. 

My(His) question is that during installation and setup of the bootloader will it pick both the xp and vista partitions and put them into GRUB.
Ive told him it should, but he wants more convincing

The setup he is trying is 2 hard drivers vista on one and xp/ubuntu(eventually) on the other
Right now he can boot vista and read xp from vista
Right now is trying to use easyBCD

Thanks
SIUE Alumni

William Grim

I have the answer, for a fee.  If he wants to do it but wants to make you do all the work, take my fee, tack on some surcharge, and pass the cost onto him.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Brian Cunningham

actually besides asking the question on here and giving my opinion on it, I haven't done a thing
SIUE Alumni

Mark Sands

I have the same setup on my desktop. Yes it works. What you do is install XP, then install Vista, then install Ubuntu. When you boot up into your computer, GRUB will show up with the option to boot into linux or windows. If you choose windows, the windows boot loader shows up with the option of booting into "Vista" or "an earlier version of windows" (xp).
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Brian Cunningham

SIUE Alumni

Shaun Martin

Mike,

This forum is not to be used for solicitation purposes.  If Brian wanted to purchase something, he would have asked his question within the CAOS Mart forum.  This particular forum is here for students to ask technical questions and receive advice from their peers and/or alumni such as yourself.

-Shaun
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Bryan

abuse of power, ABUSE OF POWER!
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

William Grim

Quote from: Shaun Martin on 2008-10-14T14:21:27-05:00 (Tuesday)
Mike,

This forum is not to be used for solicitation purposes.  If Brian wanted to purchase something, he would have asked his question within the CAOS Mart forum.  This particular forum is here for students to ask technical questions and receive advice from their peers and/or alumni such as yourself.

-Shaun

I don't ever recall any rule like that.  You can't just make one up like that.  The only rule that has been in place are anti-spam rules, which is not the category of my offer.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Spewns

Quote from: William Grim on 2008-10-11T17:46:49-05:00 (Saturday)
I have the answer, for a fee.  If he wants to do it but wants to make you do all the work, take my fee, tack on some surcharge, and pass the cost onto him.

I know this thread is nearly a year old, and I apologize in light of that fact, but lol.