• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Language Of The Month

Started by Travis W, 2009-02-17T12:53:30-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor

I'll be honest I was surprised with the quality of the presentation.  Great job Michael.  If it weren't for volunteer members we couldn't do these events. Thank You!

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Mark Sands

Yes, great presentation!

Also, the entire presentation captured on video was 10.1 GB, haha. Give me some time to compress it and hopefully within two weeks we'll have the LOTM site up with the videos and slides.  :)
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Tangent Orchard

Very well done, Michael! :) I do hope the code examples go online someday, they would be extremely helpful.

Tony

Quote from: Travis W on 2009-03-19T17:03:02-05:00 (Thursday)
Big thanks go out to Micheal Calvin for putting on an excelent Presentation.
For those of you that were not able to attend we have a video of the presentation that should be posted soon.

Travis

Lies!  I will believe it when I see it lol. 
I would rather be hated for doing what I believe in, than loved for doing what I don't.

Travis W

lol
These videos are actually in our hands this time.
So like Mark said as soon as he gets them compressed they will be made available to you.

Travis

arcdrag

Very good presentation.  I was quite surprised.  Although, unfortunately I went home over the weekend and spent countless hours learning C# rather than working on the ton of programming assignments that I should have been doing. 

Tangent Orchard

If the Python LotM is set in stone, there should totally be a new topic for that. =P But unfortunately, I can't make that one because of a class at the same time...which sucks, because XKCD mentions Python so much that I'm really interested to see what the language is like.  I guess there's always the upcoming webpage/videos, right? :-D

Tony

Quote from: Travis W on 2009-03-22T21:01:08-05:00 (Sunday)
lol
These videos are actually in our hands this time.
So like Mark said as soon as he gets them compressed they will be made available to you.

Travis

Hate to say it, but told you so lol.
I would rather be hated for doing what I believe in, than loved for doing what I don't.

Travis W

Tony

Well, what I quoted there was your response to me saying that you would not post these videos.  You still have not, so I said "I hate to say it, but told you so". lol

Travis W

Quote from: Mark Sands on 2009-03-20T00:52:07-05:00 (Friday)
Yes, great presentation!

Also, the entire presentation captured on video was 10.1 GB, haha. Give me some time to compress it and hopefully within two weeks we'll have the LOTM site up with the videos and slides.  :)

Not sure if you saw Mark's post but this is what he had to say about the videos.
Perhaps my use of the word "soon" gave some people false expectations.
I am not the one posting the videos.
If you have any time line question i suggest you direct your questions to the webmaster (Mark).
He will be able to give you more accurate answers than i can.

Mark Sands

ditto what travis said. I'm working on it, and the new page will *hopefully* be put out this week, so pleeease be patient!
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Tony

Alright, I just don't get why you can't just host the video on the server and provide a link to it on the home page.  I do this type of stuff all the time at work, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.  But whatever, I am not that worried about it anymore.  I know you guys are busy with school so don't worry about my rants. =)

Mark Sands

Tony (and everyone else interested): There is going to be a HUGE update to caos that will provide a better way to manage and host these videos. It's not a matter of how to do it, we're all just really busy--but I'm 99.9% sure it will be rolled out this week. Let's cross our fingers.
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major