• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Help Plant Green Roof for Student Success Center

Started by Jerry, 2009-03-24T10:24:03-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Faculty/Staff/Students:

You have probably noticed that the new Student Success Center is nearing completion.  As part of the building project there will be a large (16,000+ square foot) green roof on top of the building - visible from the University Restaurant.

A local green roof company, Green Roof Blocks, is the provider of the green roof and will be planting the 4000 green roof modules (their modular product is called Green Roof Blocks) with 28,000+ green roof plants on Saturday April 4th and Sunday April 5th (weather dependent) at a location in Pontoon Beach (about 10 miles from SIUE). 

The company has agreed that Faculty/Staff/Students may "volunteer" to plant the green roof plants under their direction - you will be able to see your planting results in June or July this year when the green roof is delivered and installed on top of the Student Success Center. 

If you wish to volunteer to plant green roof plants for this project, please email me (Dr. Bill Retzlaff at wretzla@siue.edu) and I will add you to my list and send you by email:

1 - directions to the planting site

2 - instructions for arranging to complete a volunteer release form

3 - what to bring with you for the work (we have plants and green roof) 

4 - what to do in case of bad weather

When you email me, please let me know if you will volunteer for Saturday, Sunday, or both days.

Planting will occur each day (Saturday April 4th and Sunday April 5th) beginning at 10 am and we will try to wrap up by 4 pm each day.  If you can only come for part of the day (we prefer that you come at 10 am and stay as long as you can) that works for us.

If you know someone who would be interested in volunteering, please send them this email or give them a copy of this announcement. 

We would like to have about 20+ volunteers each day.

thanks.

Bill Retzlaff

Associate Professor
Chair, Department of Biological Sciences
Environmental Sciences Program
Box 1651
Room 3306 Science Building
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL  62026-1651

wretzla@siue.edu
www.siue.edu/~wretzla
618/650-2728
618/650-3174 (FAX)

For GREEN ROOF Information - http://www.green-siue.com

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...