• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Visual Analytics offered in the Fall

Started by bouvier, 2009-03-25T16:02:00-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

bouvier

A late announcement for a CS-elective course...

Visual Analytics
Fall 2009
CS 490-05/590-03
11:00am -12:15pm Mon and Wed
Dr. Dennis Bouvier and Dr. Pamela Gay

only the coolest course you could take...

see attached.

raptor

President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Adam C

damn, I'd love to take this but I already have all the 490 credits I can count :-/ maybe I can squeeze it in anyways

msiadak

I'd also love to take it, but it interferes with Advanced Algorithms.. Hmmm.

William Grim

Ah, that class looks sweet.  Wish I were there to take part in it.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Mark Sands

Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

raptor

In regards to 400 classes: if you talk with the prof(s) ahead of time they may let you in.  I've seen it several times.

Scott

P.S.  That means to talk to them!
President of CAOS

Tangent Orchard

In addition to Dr. Bouvier, I had Dr. Gay for Physics 1 and found it to be a lot of fun.  If my schedule wasn't already pretty much set in stone I'd consider the class. :P

raptor

Rumor has it this class has low enrollment and could be canceled.  I really encourage people to enroll.  They will be using real world data (some astronomical) and use new methods of super cool visualization to solve problems.

Scott
President of CAOS

William Grim

Come on, people.  Learning subjects like this will make you stand out amongst your peers, and it should be extremely interesting to boot.  Get serious and sign up!
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Adam C

Would love to take this, but unfortunately, I already have all the 490 classes I can count :-/

blacklee

I thought it was possible to take more than one, but I am not sure. Are you an undergrad?

raptor

You can take more than one, I think he just meant that he has a full course load already.
President of CAOS

Adam C

Nah, I already have the two that I can ordinarily count, Data Mining and Design Patterns. Dr. Bouvier emailed me and and there's a chance that I may still be able to take it anyways, so thats cool.

Tangent Orchard

It's probably too late, but I was checking up on this today, and the attachment link was broken...is there another link to that PDF file anywhere, perchance?