• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Plaque

Started by Dr. Stephen Blythe, 2009-05-08T14:21:35-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Stephen Blythe

Just wanted to say thank you to all the members of CAOS for the plaque that your organization gave me yesterday. I am truly touched to receive such recognition from the best student organization on campus (and I am not at all biased in saying that  ;-) ) . I must say that CAOS is one of the many reasons I considered staying at SIUE, and I will certainly miss all of you as I move on. I have had the good fortune of seeing CAOS being led by a succession of outstanding leaders, and I see no reason for that to change in the future.

I wish all of you the very best, and if you ever find yourself in the vicinity of St. Charles, MO and Lindenwood University, please feel free to stop by and say hello!

-Dr. Blythe

Ross Mead

Good luck, Dr. Blythe, and thanks for all that you've done for us over the years!  You will be missed.

raptor

For those of you who weren't aware of CAOS's thank you's :

CAOS's officers decided that we owed a few thank you's to those who have helped us to become so successful.  Dr. Weinberg who always seems to have time to listen to my crazy ideas, and allows CAOS to do most anything we like.  Jeff Croxell who graciously images and re images computers for EACH LAN party.  Most especially dept. secretary Gay Cummins who has helped us countless times to set up room reservations, paper work etc.

Last but not least Dr. Blythe.  He has been our adviser for 5 years, lead us to a regional ACM programming competition victory (5 out of 122! ) and allowed us to throw pies at his face.

We hunted down some gift certificates for the first three mentioned and had a plaque made up for Dr. Blythe.

To each of you a personal thank you. You help make CAOS happen.

To all of our members.  If you see any of these people please thank them.  Let them know we appreciate what they do when they don't have to.

-Scott
President CAOS
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Jerry

Thanks CAOS - the gift certificate for one of my favorite foods - sushi  :dance: - is very much appreciated.

And thanks to Dr. Blythe for being a great Faculty Advisor to CAOS.

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Jarod Luebbert

Good luck to your Dr. Blythe! Thanks to everyone else who helped with CAOS!
Jarod Luebbert
Computer Science Major

Tangent Orchard

We wish you the very best as well, of course, Dr. Blythe. :) It's a shame I never got to take a course with you, because I have literally heard nothing but good things from every teacher in the department.  Thanks again for everything you've done for the betterment of CAOS and SIUE, and good luck. =)

Justin Camerer

Well, hot damn. If you would have left while I was still there, I think I probably would have dropped out. Good luck!
Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

Justin Camerer

btw, do you realize that plaque is the number one cause of gingivitis?

brush those teeth, dr. blythe.
Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

Adam C

I have heard nothing but good things about you as well Dr. Blythe, its a shame I never got to take a class from you. Best of luck at Lindenwood!

William Grim

Best of luck to you, Dr. Blythe.  I'm sure you'll do just as much good there as you did at SIUE, and we will all remember you at SIUE.  P.S. The compiler course was AWESOME!
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

For those of us outside the loop, where is Dr. Blythe going?
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

blacklee

I did not have an opportunity to take Dr. Blythe's classes, but still understand some of the concepts only thanks to his explanation. Who will lead us to the victory now? We will miss you Dr. Blythe!

Quote from: Bryan on 2009-05-17T10:26:42-05:00 (Sunday)
For those of us outside the loop, where is Dr. Blythe going?
Lindenwood University

Mark Sands

Best of luck to you, Dr. Blythe!
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major