• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

CAOS BBQ

Started by Travis W, 2009-09-02T10:45:16-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis W

Hello folks,

To kick off the semester this year we thought it would be a good idea to have a CAOS BBQ.
This will be a good chance for you guys to come out and talk with the officers about what is going on this semester and
let us know what you want more or less of.

Location: In between the Art building and the Engineering building
Date: Thursday September 10th 2009
Time: 11-2

We will be selling hot dogs, hamburgers, soda, and chips.
There will also be a raffle for 140 students.

So come out and get some good food!!!

Tangent Orchard

Ah, I have back-to-back classes all through that time slot, so I probably won't be able to stop by. =( But what does the raffle entail/consist of, exactly?

Mark Sands

I have class as well, but 15 minute breaks in between is long enough to inhale a burger! :D
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Travis W

Tangent we are doing the raffle as a way to get the new people of the CS dept involved in CAOS that is why we are offering it to the 140 students only.
We figure if we give them the chance to win something we can get them out there to talk to us and let them know what CAOS is all about.
The goal is to get them interested so that we can get a larger attendance at talks like the one at the end of this month.

Travis

Robert Kennedy

Wow...totally misread that line.  I was thinking "What does he mean to raffle off 140 students...I don't think I would want to win a 140 student". 

Anyway, I will be there to eat your food. 

Tangent Orchard

Ohhhh.  Somehow I read that as "There will be a raffle for a hundred and forty students" instead of "for CS140 students", my mistake.
Quote from: Mark Sands on 2009-09-03T00:29:01-05:00 (Thursday)
I have class as well, but 15 minute breaks in between is long enough to inhale a burger! :D
I suppose that's true.  I do love inhaling hot dogs; perhaps I'll stop by to get one, even if I can't stick around to chat. =)

blacklee

Quote from: Robert Kennedy on 2009-09-03T16:18:48-05:00 (Thursday)
Wow...totally misread that line.  I was thinking "What does he mean to raffle off 140 students...I don't think I would want to win a 140 student". 

Anyway, I will be there to eat your food. 
Robert, this is too funny. Maybe we could raffle off CS140 students who want to have a CAOS mentor.