• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

MITRE Internship (O'Fallon Office, Start in 2 Weeks)

Started by Gary Mayer, 2009-12-07T10:58:18-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Mayer

MITRE (www.mitre.org) is looking for a student with CS skills to perform mainly administrative duties at their O'Fallon, IL office. The intent is to fill the position in the next two weeks. The student would work 15-20 hours a week-probably M,W,F in the afternoons. There is some flexibility to work specific days/times around the student's schedule.

I have heard that they will soon be setting up a new office just outside of Scott AFB; estimate completion in about a year. This means that any admins working there will probably have the opportunity to help plan and implement a full office network setup. Just my perspective; not official.

The submissions should be limited to US citizens. There is potential for a permanent position later on. While this internship will not require a US security clearance, permanent hire positions at MITRE most often do.

Please send resumes ASAP. John Daum (the Deputy & Chief Engineer) will do the screening and provide hiring oversight, Tom Black is supporting him. Their email addresses are John.Daum.ffrdc[at]ustranscom[dot]mil and Thomas.Black.ffrdc[at]ustranscom[dot]mil, respectively.

I have worked closely with MITRE while I was stationed at Scott AFB. Feel free to send me any questions that you might have while constructing your resume. My email address is gamayer[at]siue[dot]edu.

- Dr. Mayer
-- Malekith

The higher, the fewer, Doctor. The higher it goes, the fewer.

Gary Mayer

MITRE has a strong interest in finding an intern soon. They sent me some more info that I'd like to pass along.

This intern position may lead to a part time position (with some benefits) while in school and/or a full time position after school.  Pay will be approximately $12.50/hr with 15-20 hours per week, adaptable to the student's schedule.  The student will work in our O'Fallon, IL office. We could use a student with interest/skills that fit the kinds of projects listed below*.  Background in Microsoft and Linux operating environments would help.

*The projects list is long and so I have not posted it here. However, if you are interested, I can forward it to you. Send me an email at gamayer[at]siue[dot]edu. Samples include:

Provide network monitoring capability for G058 Lab Networks.  Current plan is to upgrade with a dual port NIC card to provide the network ports needed to monitor all G058 lab networks.

Upgrade the current Microsoft Software Update Service (SUS) Baseline to Microsoft Systems Center Essentials (SCE) a more proactive means to manage configuration and patching of guest and hosts in the G058 Lab environment.  Software obtained using MSDN licenses.

Purchased license to scan lab networks for vulnerabilities.  Need to implement regular scheduled scanning and remediation along with recording findings and subsequent remediations.
-- Malekith

The higher, the fewer, Doctor. The higher it goes, the fewer.