• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Russian Space Travel on the cheap...

Started by Travis, 2002-12-02T03:47:04-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

Here's a pretty FLASH intensive website that offers some interesting travel packages...
:-D

http://www.mir-corp.com/web/2k2/flash/intro.htm

Yes, the people who put Dennis Tito in space are now offering various travel packages/options to the general public.

Hrm, Cosmonaut training starts at $180,000, to experience Zero-G is only $5,000, and flying Mach 2.5 "on the edge of space" in a Russian Mig 25 Foxbat is a mere $12,000 (Cheaper for slower/less exotic Russian aircraft).

Now's your chance to fly in a Russian Flanker, Flogger, Fishbed, Albatross, Fulcrum, or a Foxbat.
:-)
Extra packages like "Top Gun mock air-to-air combat" extra.  :-P  

Amazing what large sums of money can buy in Russia nowadays.  

Although this website doesn't offer it, a while back I saw a Russian website where you could buy various Russian tanks, choppers, smaller naval craft, etc.
Obviously they costed quite a bit of money... but if you have a few million dollars lying around you too can own your own T80 SuperTank!  :-) )

William Grim

So where exactly do I buy one of those tanks?  And can I change the OS on them?

Oh, and I'd like live ammunition too; is that included or is that the premium package?

Thanks for your help in finding the right solution in mayhem. :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Ryan Lintker

Did they have submarines for sale?

I'd really like to have a submarine to stick in the Lake of the Ozarks to freak people out with.  It would be pretty interesting to be looking through the periscope in Party Cove.
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones