• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

SIUE Web Radio

Started by Peter Motyka, 2003-01-22T22:12:47-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

William Grim

Got me for what else Real is used.  I have offered a rebroadcast of ShoutCast as well.

We're just awaiting responses from Lisa and our internal contact.  Hopefully all goes well.

However, I don't foresee anything changing quickly.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Matt Osmoe

I have been involved with webradio since the beginning. Shoutcast was one of the first things I said because it's free, offers lots of cool options like song logging, and server stats and such, but people are reluctant to try new things. And the answer from the beginning seemed to be 'well, we have a real server.' I know it's a pain. I really don't like it either. But for now I am just glad that the station is finally up and running, and moreso, that we can play music. We had the ability to broadcast last semester, but couldn't get the rights. So, I guess my point is, SIUE webradio is new, I am positive that, given some time, we will run some alternative to the realServer... I least I really hope so. later,
        Matt

Kade P. Cole

What happened to the show this week. I tuned in but there was no audio.
Kade
--------------------------------------
Most people HAVE to use a PC.
I GET to use a MAC with OS X!

Jerry

I think we should have Mike record the streams for each show and post them on a special page on this site. Maybe he could have a couple of lines that indicate the topics.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Stiffler

I know just the module to do that, but I don't know if Mike wants mp3s to stream from Solar/Snow. Very good idea though.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Jerry

Mike, what'dya think?  Can we make this happen?
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Peter Motyka

Jon,  When you say "stream" do you mean via Shoutcast/Icecast?  Or are you meaning streamed via a SMB/NMB windows networking share?

Peter
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

Stiffler

I mean that the mp3/real file is played from the computer via a web address. For example: http://caos.siue.edu/techShowe01.mp3. If there is a link like that to a file, the default mp3 player will open it and play it from the site streaming the bits as it's playing.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.