• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

SLA Batteries

Started by Gish, 2003-03-04T22:18:00-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Gish

About a week ago my batteries in my UPS failed :-(.  So I am now on the hunt for batteries.  I am trying to avoid spending a huge amount.  I fear the batteries will be cheap but the shipping will kill me.  I need 4 Sealed Lead Acid batteries 12v 4-4.5Ah.  If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

P.S. Does anybody know where I can drop-off/recycle my old batteries?

Thanks,
Gish

Michael Kennedy

I've gotten batteries from http://gotbatteries.com/ and the cost and shipping was wonderful.  The batteries I got cost 28 for 2 and the shipping was 9.  That aint too bad considering the package was very heavy.  I've paid twice as much to get items that were only 1/3 of the price.  :P

Also, they were recommended to me by another satisfied customer who odered quite a bit of stuff from them.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Gish

I checked with Portable Power Systems.  They wanted $56 for the batteries plus $10 for UPS Ground.  I did stumble upon batteries.com, they wanted $40 w/15% coupon :-D and $6 for UPS Ground.  Has anybody used Batteries.com?  

Thanks,
Gish

Kade P. Cole

Every time I have replaced UPS batteries the new batteries come with a mailing label to recycle the batteries back to the manufacturer.
Kade
--------------------------------------
Most people HAVE to use a PC.
I GET to use a MAC with OS X!

Gish

kcole, where do you order your batteries from?  The UPS manufacturer or the battery manufacturer?  It turns out I need 5 12v 5Ah batteries.  Portable Power Systems wants 80 bucks!!! :-o.  Batteries.com doesn't sell them so I am fscked.  Help!!!

Gish

Kade P. Cole

I have had luck before finding them on buy.com. I would also look at the manufacturer’s website. They sometimes have deals on replacement batteries. Lastly just do a search for replacement batteries and the model number of your UPS.
Kade
--------------------------------------
Most people HAVE to use a PC.
I GET to use a MAC with OS X!