• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Spring Break!!!

Started by Jerry, 2003-03-10T09:59:35-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Ok, its spring break.

So where are you and what are you doin'?

I'm in the office writing a paper to submit to
Computer-Supported Social Interaction Conference

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

DaleDoe

I'm here at SIUE doing homework for the following classes this week: :hammer:

Projects in CS 514, CS 490, and CS 499

2 labs in ECE 483.

I'll probably also work on my CS 434 project.  

How's that for a fun spring break?
There should be a rule against making homework due over spring break.  :evil:
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Peter Motyka

I am sitting in my office bitterly annoyed with upper management who thinks it is ok to dump thier project management tasks on me while I have a significant amount of code to develop/test/document...  

I fondly remeber my last spring break...  Hiking the peaks of southwestern Texas in Big Bend National Park...  Hrrm, perhaps I should consider graduate school so I can experience such things again.
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

Aaron Drake

I agree with Dale.  Homework over Spring Break?  Boo!!  Hiss!!!  Don't you teachers realize there are laws preventing cruel and unusual punishment?  "Spring Break" they call it...  heh, yeah right.  More like "Spring Catch-Up Time." :evil:
"Cooda is a whatah?" - Dr. Wu

Jim Sodam

umm yeah, working on CS414, 490, 499 and probably eventually ECE 483 lab...

I'm taking today off though ;-)

Chris Swingler

CS 150, MATH 150, and ENG 102 homework to do, along with fixing my laptop and seeing if I can do anything interesting with the P166 computer I have sitting in the closet.  And I'm in sunny, cold, windy Wadsworth IL, enjoying an average high of about 20 degrees :-(

Any pictures I take over spring break can be found here: http://www.siue.edu/~chswing/spbreak/

Anyhow, I'm off to go crank the space heater in my room up.

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Ryan Lintker

Trying to work enough hours to pay for gas and a repair bill on my car.

I'll be at school again soon.  Programming to do for AI, labs for ECE, and that glorious course known as Senior Project needs alot of my attention.

My last spring break and school owns 80% of it.
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Michael Kennedy

LAN games at my friend's house, softball, tennis, jogging, and some flag football.  Then there's Wednesday...  :)  Tomorrow might be a day to just lift some weights and jog, though.  I have some computer projects to work on as well, but you guys need to get out and get some sun!   8-)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

William Grim

Well, I got four wisdom teeth pulled out on Friday.

Earlier tonight, I took my motrin as usual, but it wasn't working for the pain this time for almost an hour.  So, I too a vicoden along with it.

Umm, maybe I took the vicoden too soon; I thought it was at least 5 hours since my last pill.  Anyway, I was slightly high for about 2 hours.  It felt soooo good and helped me concentrate on my homework pretty well.

Other than that, I have to do homework this week and do some stuff on the SIUE servers.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

DaleDoe

Whell, my spring break is turning out worse than I thought.  I was here until after midnight last night working on CS514.  I got here before anybody else this morning (I guess it's actually yesterday morning) and I have been working on CS490 for Dr. White ever since.  Note the time stamp.  It's 3:20 AM.  I think the "break" in spring "break" stands for "break your spirit" or "break" as in "break the dog from barking at night." or "oops! I broke your favorite coffee mug."  :hammer:

i wonder if message will be coherent enough to make any sense to anyone who has slept at all this week. :-?
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Chris Swingler

Quotei wonder if message will be coherent enough to make any sense to anyone who has slept at all this week.

Nope.  ;-)

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Elizabeth Weber

Ah, unfortunately Spring Break doesn't translate to spanish.  I spent the week in my second week of classes, trying desperately to understand my professors.  It's the fall semester here, so no spring break, and no fall break either ...*sigh* and classes until July.
~Elizabeth Weber

DaleDoe

Whell, now it's Sunday and Spring Break is over and I spent every day of this week here in the Engineering Building.  I'm glad that classes start again tomorrow; I really need a break from this Spring Break.  I can finally catch up on some lost sleep in class. :oops: