• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

US hackers attacking al jazeera website

Started by DaleDoe, 2003-03-28T10:44:22-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiffler

That is a good point, Mike. A government hacker would report all the info to the appropriate authorities, but what about some Joe Blow in the basement of his parents house? If he gets into the enemies computer, and causes it to stop working, or for them to take it off-line, then the government hacker, will not be able to get in. Will Joe Blow alert the authorities about the info that he has? This is what I have been trying to say with my first post in this tread.

This is a call to all hackers/crackers: OK, so you can break into eBay. Who cares? Stop causing dung (I know which words are in the automatic censors) to fly on the internet slowing everbody down, and go work for the government to hack enemies' computer(s). I know many of you do it to see if you can, but see if you can get into an enemies and report what you find to the generals that can take action, instead of posting it on the internet for our enemies to find, and take action to prevent it from happening again.

You can tell I am pretty furious at malicious people. I mean all malicious people, whether they are murderers, rapist, molesters, crackers, and scum-of-the-Earth.

Timer: How many days until I get hacked for posting this. Any bets?

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Ryan DonCarlos

I am really at a loss on what to say I know I want to say something but I can't think of a way to say it nicely.  Just try to see the good that can come out of hacking and not just the evil there is 2 sides. I agree that joe blow should not hack the enemy I've stated that and i think everyone can agree with that. I will update my post when I can finish my thoughts completely right now I am a lil worried about why you feel this way and i don't want to say anything in anger...
-=[Fate]=-
got owned?

Stiffler

Happy trolling to you. When will you all figure out that I always argue the opposite? Oh well. All though that comment I made to the hackers and crackers was real. I am saying that they should unite to get our enemies, but do it under the supervision of the government, so then the armed forces can get intell. I am really teed off at the hackers and crackers for causing loads of trouble on the internet. That's all.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Chris Swingler

Here's an interesting article, courtesy of The Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/30131.html

"Al Jazeera and the Net - free speech, but don't say that"

They bring up a very interesting--and valid--point:  The internet is all about free speech, as long as you don't say the wrong thing.  They also point out that the Internet is an insecure medium for free speech--simply due to the fragility of servers.

Definately worth a read.

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator