• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

I bet he's got two more weeks....

Started by Ryan Lintker, 2003-04-03T15:38:48-06:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Lintker

Apparently you can make bets on how long Saddam will remain in power in Iraq.

Web gamblers wager on Saddam's future

Do you think that military officials or the guy who will hand Saddam over can participate?
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Stiffler

If Saddam is not captured or dead, he will always be in power with followers. Of course, his followers are just as crazy as he is.

As far as him being captured or somehow dead (killed, murdered, executed...) in the next two weeks, I give that a 50/50 chance. (My theory of everything being 50/50).

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Chris Swingler

I don't know about the next two weeks, but I'm almost certain he will be killed or captured.  Dubya has to correct what his father did wrong, or he isn't going to have a prayer for re-election.

(I'm not voting for him either way)

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Ryan Lintker

I just think it's really amazing that there is actually gambling going on over this.  They are trading something similar to futures.  The stock market is already almost working its way up and down based on war progress, and now hard core gamblers have a new bet dealing with war and an evil man.  Whoda thunk it?
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Stiffler

QuoteRyan wrote:
I just think it's really amazing that there is actually gambling going on over this. ... and now hard core gamblers have a new bet dealing with war and an evil man.  Whoda thunk it?

Well, people bet on anything. Have you seen the movie "Rat Race"? That movie makes fun of betting, especially by those of rich people.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Ryan DonCarlos

yeah if there is a chance people will bet on it, I  predict will kill him in like 1 week or 1 &1/2 weeks not to much longer. if we haven't already, wouldn't it be sad if we found out that after all the lives have been lost that we killed him in the 1st bomb?  I trully hope that all of those lives were not in vain
-=[Fate]=-
got owned?