• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Win2003 Server @ SIUE for Students?

Started by Michael Kennedy, 2003-05-12T02:00:23-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Kennedy

To anyone's knowledge, is there going to be some sort of deal for CS student to get ahold of a copy of Windows 2003 Server like there was for Windows XP?  I can certainly see whay Microsoft would want us to get copies of Windows XP, but would be adverse to giving students free access (or nearly free access) to Server.

Any info on this would be appreciated.  Thanks.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Stiffler

Yes, see greg in the CS Tutor lab. CSFS1 and CSFS2 have been switched over to 2003 a couple days after it went RTM, which was back in early April sometime. I think it is really nice. I've had a chance toplay around with it.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Michael Kennedy

Cool.  These are burnable copies or just copies to mess with at SIUE?  I just want to be 100% sure before I make a trip out there to pick up a copy.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Stiffler

I believe you can, but it's the version you need to do the product registration with it. Oh well, it's free and legal.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Michael Kennedy