• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

LNUX != Linux.

Started by Chris Swingler, 2003-06-05T10:21:03-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Swingler

I was watching CNBC this morning, and found them reporting on a story similar to this one.  What I did find interesting is that they compared stock graphs of MSFT (Microsoft) and LNUX (VA Software).  Uhmm.... last time I checked, no one company owns or financially manages Linux, and VA Software is the company that designed SourceForge.  Nice to see that NBC's merger with Microsoft has helped their techno-savvyness.

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Michael Kennedy

Ha.  That's funny.  I've never seen an article or news story do something like that.  The one thing I heard over and over again from places like the Channel 5 News on through MSNBC was this quote "Napster is a website that allows you to download illegal copyrighted music for free".  Not once did I ever see any music on the website.  Now, you can download an application that will give you access to music, but Napster.com offered no illegal music.

I'd love to sign on with a company like MSNBC and check the facts in all their stories before they get published or aired- they could even pay me in Microsoft stock (but not Linux's stock since we all know it's not worth as much as Microsofts  :roll:)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"