• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Where have all the CAOS Members gone?

Started by Jerry, 2003-07-02T16:18:18-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Hey, anyone out there?

Is this thing on?

There seems to be only about 4 of us posting anything this summer. SO, if you are reading this tells us what you are doing this summer.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Stiffler

Well, for a while it wasn't on.  :-P

Anyways, this summer I writting this message.

Any-anyways, it's always been like this. A few devoted ppl, evidently the ranking system is correct ("The only life I have is in CAOS"), posting on the forums. It should pick up in the Fall ... er ... well, hopefully. Well, I am also striving to get the fith star and what it says, but you need a zillion posts for it.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Michael Kennedy

I bet most everyone here will tell about their technology related endevours this summer, so I'm going to the complete opposite.  My summer began with me being blissfully unemployed and doing a fairly massive amount of working out to get ready for softball (I coached a team of my friends) and a triathalon I planning on competing in when August rolled around.  I wound up breaking the scaphoid bone in my left write when I took a 4 wheeler into a tree (don't do that, btw).

So, I had to stop softball in the middle of the season, I can't swim or type anymore (not that my swimming or typing was ever that good to begin with) and I'm not going to be able to do the triathalon.  :(  I still have (at least) 2 more weeks in the cast so I'm trying my best to not lose all the muscle I put on in the beginning of the summer.  :P  (That venting about the @$#%ing cast felt good. :-P)

Oh, and right now I'm basking in the fact that the San Francisco Giants are about to sweep the Cardinals in a few hours. :-D

Dr. Wwinberg- did I hear you or someone else mention that you ran in races or something?  I'm not sure if that's correct or not...
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Stiffler

QuoteDr. Wwinberg- did I hear you or someone else mention that you ran in races or something?

I don't know who Dr. Wwinberg is :-P , but I do know that Dr. Elhmann ran and won races. I could say something here that Dale would understand, so I won't to save you the confussion. hehe.

Good luck in the triathalon!

GOOOOOOO MEK!

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Jerry

Yes, Dr. Elhmann runs in the Senior Olympics. I'm way tooooo young for that. Though I do bike. I'm tuning up for a credit card tour at the end of the semester. That's where you take a change of clothes and your credit card, and bike from B&B to B&B. I think we will be doing something in the upper Michigan.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Michael Kennedy

QuoteI don't know who Dr. Wwinberg is

Yet another example of my cast getting in the way of my daily routines.  :)  Even though my typing was atrocious before, it's much worse now.  I have the very annoying tendancy to hit the Caps Lock button repeatedly now.

And Dr. W*e*inberg- you bike- I think that's what I heard.  any by "B&B to B&B" you mean bed and breakfasts?  That sounds pretty nifty.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

William Grim

Sounds like everyone else is having fun.

I've just been working during the day, and just about every night I'll go to the local YMCA and lift weights for a while and do some cardio.

Also been doing the dieting thing and lost a waist size; now my stomach is flat, yeah!  Not to mention that lifting weights really helps your physique and mental ability :-D

I don't do much cardio though; it's currently too taxing to put all your energy into weight lifting and then expect to do running or whatever.  About the closest I get are long walks at night; I enjoy those quite a bit.  Who can say "West Nile Virus"?  Wear your bug spray :-)
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Are you still taking aerobics classes?  

I went to Orlando in May.  Right now I'm just working and taking classes.  Nothing too exciting.  Saturday I'll be at the Justified/Stripped concert.  Anybody else going?

William Grim

No, I don't get to do any aerobics classes.  I haven't done any since early in the fall semester.

However, I do walk around the track at the local YMCA, and right in the center is the aerobics area.  Soooo, at least I can feel like I'm hangin' with the girls, I mean, working out with them.   :-o  :-P  ;-)

BTW, tell us how the concert goes.  I wanted to go since I saw Christina here in Springfield a few years ago before she became "Dirty"; it was during our State Fair.  However, I was too poor to buy tickets to this concert at the time and didn't want to go bad enough to find money, heh.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Chris Swingler

Let's see here...

So far, I've been putting in 40+ hours a week at my summer job (working at a boat rental place).  From Sunday to Thursday, I was out on Mackinac Island.  That was one boring trip.  Blow quarters in the arcade, hop on the bike and log 20 or so miles, sleep, repeat.  

Slowest cyclists I've ever seen in my life.  I ride a mountain bike (a 1999 Giant Rincon), and they're typically slow bikes on the road.  I typically average about 14mph.  Compared to the other cyclists on the road, I was flying!  Whee!  And then, I saw the 20mph speed limit sign... and took it as a challenge :).  Spooked quite a few horses, locked my brakes swerving around inexperienced cyclists a few times.  It was interesting, though, to be _the_ fastest thing on the road.  (Mackinac Island banned motor vehicles in 1905.)  Hit some rough trails with me and my brother after I got frustrated with that.  

But anyhow, I gotta go to bed tonight.  I'm stuck working on the fourth... and it's supposed to be 92 degrees with rain.  Should be a fun day.

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator