• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Favorite Movie Quotes

Started by Jerry, 2003-07-03T10:55:36-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

This should be a poll, but since the module isn't working yet I'll start a thread.

What's your favorite movie quote?

Here are some of mine:

"Some of you will go over there and say you don't know what to do. When you put your hand in a pile of goo that used to be your best friend's face you'll know what to do!" --Patton

"I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events man, but we just got our asses kicked!!" --Aliens

"No matter where you go, there you are" --Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

"If you're lying to me I'll take you down. I'll take you down to China Town." --Meet the Parents
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Aaron Drake

Some of my all-time favorite quotes are from Dumb & Dumber:

Lloyd: "That's a lovely accent you have.  New Jersey?"
Woman: (Rolls her eyes) "Austria."
Lloyd: "Austria?  Well, good day, mate!  Let's put another shrimp on the barbee!"
Woman: "Let's not." (Walks away)

Lloyd: "So where are you headed?"
Mary: "Aspen."
Lloyd: "Mmmm, California...  Beautiful."
Mary: "..."

Lloyd: "We got no food... We got no jobs... Our pets heads are fallin' off!!!"

Man at the airport: "Sir, you can't go in there!"
Lloyd: (Flashes a badge) "It's OK!  I'm a limo driver!"

Harry: (Looking at skis on top of a woman's SUV) "Skis, huh?"
Woman: "That's right."
Harry: "They yours?"
Woman: "Yeah."
Harry: "Both of them?"
Woman: (Stunned by this question) "Yeah."
Harry: "Cool."

Dumb & Dumber has to be the funniest movie ever made.  :-D
"Cooda is a whatah?" - Dr. Wu

William Grim

I like a couple from Kindergarten Cop:
Detective Kimball: "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"
Some little kid: "My daddy is a gynocologist, and he looks at vaginas all day long."
Some twin sisters: "My dad says my mom is a real sex machine."

What are they teaching those kids?!

There is a quote often used on IRC that is closely related to Star Wars that I like: "The source is with you, Luke!"

If I remember any others I'll post them.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Brett

It's 106 miles to Chicago; we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes; it's dark . . . and we're wearing sunglasses.
-- Elwood, The Blues Brothers

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
-- Peter, Office Space

Aaron Drake

Just thought of some more classic quotes from Dumb & Dumber:

Harry: "I can't believe it.  There's not a single job in this entire town.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip."
Lloyd: "Yeah... Unless you wanna work 40 hours a week."
Harry: "Psh!"
Lloyd: "Psh!"

Harry: "According to the map, we've only gone about 4 inches."

Lloyd: "I'll bet'cha $20 I can get you gamblin' before the end of the day."
Harry: "Uh-uh"
Lloyd: "I'll give you 3-to-1 odds."
Harry: "No"
Lloyd: "5-to-1?"
Harry: "Nope"
Lloyd: "10-to-1."
Harry: "OK.  You're on."
Lloyd: "I'm gonna get you."
Harry: "Uh-uh"
Lloyd: "Uh-huh.  I don't know how, but I'm gonna get you."
"Cooda is a whatah?" - Dr. Wu

Jerry

Classic Dirty Harry:

"Go ahead. Make my day."

"You got to ask yourself one question, do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk?"

Planet of the Apes:

"Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!"

"They did it! Those maniacs! The've gone and blown it up! Damn them! Damn them all to hell!"

Soylent Green:

"You've got to tell them! Soylent Green is people!"

Josh

My favorite movie quotes is from Top Gun

"It's time to light the fires and kick the tire."
Or Another good one is
"I Feel the need the need for speed."

Peace be with you

Josh
Josh Cunningham
"I am a hunter of peace..."--Vash, Trigun......

"The men I see ... are the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived.  I see all this potential, and I see it squandered.  God damnit, an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; slaves with white collars.  Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy #OOPS# we don't need.  We're the middle-children  of history man, with no purpose or place.  We have no great war, no great depression.  Our great war is a spiritual war.  Our great depression is our lives.  We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars... but we won't.  We're slowly learning that fact.  And we're very, very pissed off."

"Have you ever considered the possibility that God does not like you?  He never wanted you.  In all probability, he hates you."

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

bill corcoran

that wasn't supposed to be anonymous, or rated G.  #OOPS#?  make no mistake, that wasn't an accident.
-bill

Jerry

"Emphysema maybe, cancer possibly, taste definitely!"
--- Cigarette ad from Crazy People

Stiffler

Gotta love censorship!  :-P hehe.

Remember the Titans (2000):
[after Petey makes a fumble]
Coach Boone: Petey how many feet are in a mile? How many?
Petey Jones: I dunno.
Coach Boone: 5,280! And you will take this ball and run every single one of them! Your killing me Petey! Your killing me!

Coach Boone: This is where they fought the battle of Gettysburg. Fifty thousand men died right here on this field, fighting the same fight that we are still fighting among ourselves today. This green field right here, painted red, bubblin' with the blood of young boys. Smoke and hot lead pouring right through their bodies. Listen to their souls, men. I killed my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family. You listen, and you take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were. I don't care if you like each other of not, but you will respect each other. And maybe . . . I don't know, maybe we'll learn to play this game like men.

Older Sheryl: People say that it can't work, black and white; well here we make it work, everyday. We have our disagreements, of course, but before we reach for hate, always, always, we remember the Titans.

Josie and the Pussycats (2000):
Fiona: That's Mr. Moviefone. He does all our subliminal messages.

Alexander Cabot: You know what? I still don't understand why you're here.
Alexandra Cabot: I'm here because I was in the comic book
Alexander Cabot: What?
Alexandra Cabot: Nothing.

Josie: Oh my god. I'm a trend pimp!

Alexander Cabot: Hey I can't be everywhere at once!
Melody: Oh wouldn't it be cool if you could though? I could be in here... and the living room! I could be in the bathroom and the living room!

[Their thoughts.]
Josie: They're all staring at me. I know what they're thinking. They're thinking I shouldn't be here.
Valerie: They're all staring at Josie. I know what they're thinking. They're thinking we shouldn't be here.
Melody: [in song] If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!
[clap! clap!]

Alan M.: Actually, it's Alan M.
Wyatt: Yes, what's with the initial? It didn't work for Sheila E. and it doesn't work for you.

[Josie and The Pussycats listen to a recording with a subliminal message]
Melody: I want a Big Mac!
Valerie: But you're a vegetarian.
Melody: I know, but suddenly I want one!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001):
[after Harry mentions Fluffy to Hagrid]
Hagrid: who told you 'bout Fluffy?
Ron: Fluffy?!
Hermione: That thing has a name?!

Ron: It's spooky! She knows more about you than you do!
Harry: Who doesn't?

Hermione: Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled.
Ron: She needs to sort out her priorities.

[In the Devil's Snare]
Hermione: I've read about these! It's the devil's snare! You have to relax if you don't it'll only kill you faster!
Ron: Faster? Oh, now I can relax!

[After Hermione and Harry sink in the Devil's Snare, Ron is still panicking]
Hermione: He's not relaxing, is he?
Harry: Apparently not.
Hermione: I remember reading about this in Herbology... Devil's Snare... "Devil's Snare can be deadly fun, but will sulk in the sun" that's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight!
[She exerts a type of sunlight from her wand, after muttering a charm. Ron falls to the ground below.]
Ron: (sigh) Lucky thing we didn't panic.

[About Every Flavor Beans]
Dumbledore: You know, I was unfortunate enough to come across a vomit-flavored one in my youth, and haven't liked them since. But, I think I'll be safe with this toffee-flavored one [eats it)....Hmm, alas, earwax.

[The Weasleys are boaring Platform 9 3/4; Percy has already gone through]
Molly Weasley: Fred, you next.
George Weasley: He's not Fred, I am!
Fred Weasley: Honestly. And you call yourself our mother.
Molly Weasley: I'm sorry, George.
[Fred moves forward]
Fred Weasley: I was only joking. I am Fred.

Oliver Wood: Scared, Harry?
Harry: A little.
Oliver Wood: It's all right. I felt the same way before my first game.
Harry: What happened?
Oliver Wood: Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head two minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later.

Ron: That was bloody brilliant!
Professor McGonagall: Well, thank you for that assessment, Mr.Weasley.

[After being in the Dark Forest]
Harry: I think if he had the chance, he would have killed me tonight.
Ron: And to think, I've been worrying about my potions final.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002):
Ron: They were starving him, Mum! There were bars on his window!
Mrs. Weasley: You'd best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley!

Draco Malfoy: Why are you wearing glasses?
Harry: [disguised as Goyle] Uhh.. Reading.
Draco Malfoy: Reading? I didn't know you could read.

Mrs. Weasley: Your sons drove that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night.
Arthur Weasley: [To the boys] Did you really? How did it go?
[Mrs. Weasley hits him]
Arthur Weasley: I mean, that was very wrong indeed boys. Very wrong of you.

Moaning Myrtle: Oh, Harry? If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet.
Harry: Uh . . . thanks, Myrtle.

[As Ron spits out slugs]
Hagrid: Better out than in.

Arthur Weasley: Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?

Moaning Myrtle: I'm Moaning Myrtle. I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever want to talk about ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle. AHHH!
Hermione: She's a little sensitive.

Hermione: Look. Hagrid's our friend, why don't we just go and ask him about it?
Ron: Oh, that'd be a cheerful visit. 'Tell us, , have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'
[Hagrid has walked up behind them]
Hagrid: Mad and hairy? Yer wouldn't be talkin' about me, now would ya?
Ron, Hermione, Harry: No!

Harry: Your bird, there was nothing I could do. He just caught fire.
Dumbledore: Oh, and about time too. He's been looking dreadful for days. Pity you had to see him on a burning day.

Hermione: Look at my face.
Ron: Look at your tail!
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Couple from Ghostbusters:

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!
 -- Winston

Man: What are you supposed to be,  some kind of a       cosmonaut?
Peter: Exterminators. Somebody saw a cockroach up on 12.
Man: Must be one hell of a cockroach.
Peter: Bite your head off, man.

Brett

Dyson listened while the Terminator laid it all down. Skynet, Judgement Day, the history of things to come. It's not every day you find out you're responsible for three billion deaths. He took it pretty well.
 -- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2

By the way, Terminator 3 was good. A lot better than I was expecting.

Brett

DaleDoe

Whell, some of you know I'm a man who keeps lots of quotes, so I'll just choose quotes from a single movie--Matrix Reloaded.  It is one of the best quote movies ever.

Agent Smith: I killed you, Mr. Anderson. I watched you die.... with some satisfaction, I might add. Then something happened- something I thought would be impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. Afterwards, I was aware of the rules. I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I was compelled to stay- compelled to disobey. And right now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an Agent of this system. Because of you, I'm unplugged. A new man, sort of speak- like you. Apparently free.
Neo: Congratulations.
Agent Smith: Thank you.

Agent Smith: But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist.
Several Agent Smith Clones walk in
Agent Smith Clone 1: It is purpose that created us.
Agent Smith Clone 2: Purpose that connects us.
Agent Smith Clone 3: Purpose that pulls us.
Agent Smith Clone 4: That guides us.
Agent Smith Clone 5: That drives us.
Agent Smith Clone 6: It is purpose that defines us.
Agent Smith Clone 7: Purpose that binds us.

Merovingian: ...It is, of course, the way of all things. You see, there is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect.
Morpheus: Everything begins with choice.
Merovingian: No. Wrong. Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without.

Merovingian: Oh my god Persephone, how could you do this? You betrayed me!
[Stream of French]
Persephone: Cause and Effect, my love.
Merovingian: Cause? There is no cause for this. What cause?
Persephone: What cause? How about the lipstick you're still wearing?
Merovingian: Lipstick? Lipstick? Heh, what craziness are you talking about woman? There is no lipstick.
[checks his face]
Persephone: She wasn't kissing your face, my love.:-D
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Ryan Lintker

Some good quotes about nerds that I like are from this classic.

Revenge of the Nerds:

Fredrick "Ogre" Poliwatski: "Nerds!"

Lewis Skolnick: "there's 6,127 students at Adams, 58% of which are girls."
Gilbert Lowe: "So?"
Lewis Skolnick: "So, that's 7,107.32 boobs."

Pulp Fiction:  What a great movie with a great sequence where a very bad Samuel L. Jackson is interrogating a young and very scared Brett.

JULES: "What country you from! "
BRETT: "What? "

JULES: ""What" ain't no country I know! Do they speak English in "What?"

BRETT: "What?"

JULES: "English-mother****er-can-you-speak-it? "

BRETT: "Yes."

JULES: "Then you understand what I'm sayin'? "

BRETT: "Yes."

JULES: "Now describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like! "

BRETT: "What?" .....

One from Blazing Saddles seems appropriate for late night EB students.

Bandito: "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges! Vamonos!"

"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Jason Vipond

From the great noir - Memento

Leonard Shelby: [Running] Okay, what am I doing?
[Sees Dodd also running]
Leonard Shelby: I'm chasing this guy.
[Dodd has a gun, shoots at Leonard]
Leonard Shelby: Nope. He's chasing me.

Natalie: What's the last thing that you do remember?
Leonard Shelby: My wife...
Natalie: That's sweet.
Leonard Shelby: ...dying.

[Finding a beaten man in his closet.]
Leonard Shelby: Who did this to you?
Dodd: You did.

Aliens has a lot of great quotes & good scenes:

Ripley:How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: 17 days.
Hudson: 17 Days!?  Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not going to last 17 hours...
Ripley: This little girl [pointing to 10 year old girl] lasted longer than that with NO weapons and NO training.
Hudson: Why don't you put HER in charge?!!!

Also Arnold (of Terminator fame) has a lot of great quotes
--Commando--
Arnold: You're a funny guy Sully, I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
[5 minutes later, holding Sully over the edge of a cliff]
Arnold: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?
Sully: That's right, you did!!
Arnold: I LIED. [letting go of Sully, causing him to fall to his death]
[a minute later]
Woman: What'd you do with Sully?
Arnold: I LET HIM GO.

--Fight Club--
Boss: The first rule of fight club is....
Boss: The second rule of fight club is....
Boss: Is this yours?  Pretend you're me.  Make a managerial decision.  You find this, what would you do?
Jack: Well i gotta tell ya, I'd be very very careful who you talked to about that; because the person who wrote that is dangerous,... and this buttoned down oxford cloth psycho might just snap and stalk from office to office with an armalite ar-10 carbine gas powered semi automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and coworkers.  this might be someone you've known for years,... someone very, very, close to you....... Or maybe you just shouldn't bring me every little piece of trash you pickup"
 8-)

"I will live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-da*n SPINE!"
 -- Arnold S., "The Running Man"

R. Andrew Lamonica

If you recognize this quote then you have already seen one of my favorite movies.  If you don’t then you are missing out.

Unintroduced English petty criminal selling stolen goods from a suitcase on the street:
"Right, lets sort the buyers from the spyers the needy from the greedy and those who trust me from those who don’t.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å"Coz if you can’t see value here today, your not up here shoppin your up here shop-lifting.  You see these goods?  They never seen daylight, moonlight, Israelites or fanny by the gas lights. Take a bag, come on, take a bag. I took a bag â€ËÅ"ome last night, cost me a lot more than ten pounds I can tell ya.  Anyone like jewelry?  Look at that one there. Handmade in Italy.  Hand-stolen in Stepney.  It’s as long as my arm.  I wish it was as long as something else.  Don't think 'cos it's sealed up it's an empty box. The only man who sells empty boxes is the undertaker and by the looks of some of you lot here today I woulda made more money with me measuring tape.
â€Ã,¦
Buy â€ËÅ"em. You better buy â€ËÅ"em.  These are not stolen, they just haven’t been paid for and we can’t get â€ËÅ"em again â€ËÅ"cos they changed the bloody locks."

Michael Kennedy

Personally, I perfer "Snatch" to "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels", but yeah, that's one of my favorite movies, too.  :)

Customs official: Do you have anything to declare, sir?
Avi: Yeah. Don't go to England.

Bullet Tooth Tony: You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Turkish: This is Tommy. He tells people he's named after a gun, but I know he's named after a famous 19th century belly dancer.

Turkish: [making tea] Would you like sugar?
Brick Top: No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough.

Sol: You ain't from this planet are you, Vincent? Who is gonna mug two black fellas, holding pistols, sat in a car that is worth less than your shirt?

Also, the "Desert Eagle point five O" quote is one of my favorites, but I'd hate to see what the filter would to to that quote.  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

R. Andrew Lamonica

I like both movies as well.  I can't really pick which one I like better.  The hard part was finding a quote that would not cause the censor to explode.  Additionally, most of the quotes are funnier with the accents and some of them just don’t work as well without the expressions on the actor’s faces.  My favorite scene in Snatch is when the three guys are in the car waiting for Frankie-Four-Fingers to stop at the bookies.  The whole conversation after their "get-away driver" hits Frankie’s Van is hysterical.

Michael Kennedy

He's our get-away driver?  What the f* can he get away from?  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"