• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Favorite Movie Quotes

Started by Jerry, 2003-07-03T10:55:36-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Vipond

From the great noir - Memento

Leonard Shelby: [Running] Okay, what am I doing?
[Sees Dodd also running]
Leonard Shelby: I'm chasing this guy.
[Dodd has a gun, shoots at Leonard]
Leonard Shelby: Nope. He's chasing me.

Natalie: What's the last thing that you do remember?
Leonard Shelby: My wife...
Natalie: That's sweet.
Leonard Shelby: ...dying.

[Finding a beaten man in his closet.]
Leonard Shelby: Who did this to you?
Dodd: You did.

Aliens has a lot of great quotes & good scenes:

Ripley:How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Hicks: 17 days.
Hudson: 17 Days!?  Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not going to last 17 hours...
Ripley: This little girl [pointing to 10 year old girl] lasted longer than that with NO weapons and NO training.
Hudson: Why don't you put HER in charge?!!!

Also Arnold (of Terminator fame) has a lot of great quotes
--Commando--
Arnold: You're a funny guy Sully, I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
[5 minutes later, holding Sully over the edge of a cliff]
Arnold: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?
Sully: That's right, you did!!
Arnold: I LIED. [letting go of Sully, causing him to fall to his death]
[a minute later]
Woman: What'd you do with Sully?
Arnold: I LET HIM GO.

--Fight Club--
Boss: The first rule of fight club is....
Boss: The second rule of fight club is....
Boss: Is this yours?  Pretend you're me.  Make a managerial decision.  You find this, what would you do?
Jack: Well i gotta tell ya, I'd be very very careful who you talked to about that; because the person who wrote that is dangerous,... and this buttoned down oxford cloth psycho might just snap and stalk from office to office with an armalite ar-10 carbine gas powered semi automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and coworkers.  this might be someone you've known for years,... someone very, very, close to you....... Or maybe you just shouldn't bring me every little piece of trash you pickup"
 8-)

"I will live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-da*n SPINE!"
 -- Arnold S., "The Running Man"

R. Andrew Lamonica

If you recognize this quote then you have already seen one of my favorite movies.  If you don’t then you are missing out.

Unintroduced English petty criminal selling stolen goods from a suitcase on the street:
"Right, lets sort the buyers from the spyers the needy from the greedy and those who trust me from those who don’t.  ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å"Coz if you can’t see value here today, your not up here shoppin your up here shop-lifting.  You see these goods?  They never seen daylight, moonlight, Israelites or fanny by the gas lights. Take a bag, come on, take a bag. I took a bag â€ËÅ"ome last night, cost me a lot more than ten pounds I can tell ya.  Anyone like jewelry?  Look at that one there. Handmade in Italy.  Hand-stolen in Stepney.  It’s as long as my arm.  I wish it was as long as something else.  Don't think 'cos it's sealed up it's an empty box. The only man who sells empty boxes is the undertaker and by the looks of some of you lot here today I woulda made more money with me measuring tape.
â€Ã,¦
Buy â€ËÅ"em. You better buy â€ËÅ"em.  These are not stolen, they just haven’t been paid for and we can’t get â€ËÅ"em again â€ËÅ"cos they changed the bloody locks."

Michael Kennedy

Personally, I perfer "Snatch" to "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels", but yeah, that's one of my favorite movies, too.  :)

Customs official: Do you have anything to declare, sir?
Avi: Yeah. Don't go to England.

Bullet Tooth Tony: You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Turkish: This is Tommy. He tells people he's named after a gun, but I know he's named after a famous 19th century belly dancer.

Turkish: [making tea] Would you like sugar?
Brick Top: No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough.

Sol: You ain't from this planet are you, Vincent? Who is gonna mug two black fellas, holding pistols, sat in a car that is worth less than your shirt?

Also, the "Desert Eagle point five O" quote is one of my favorites, but I'd hate to see what the filter would to to that quote.  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

R. Andrew Lamonica

I like both movies as well.  I can't really pick which one I like better.  The hard part was finding a quote that would not cause the censor to explode.  Additionally, most of the quotes are funnier with the accents and some of them just don’t work as well without the expressions on the actor’s faces.  My favorite scene in Snatch is when the three guys are in the car waiting for Frankie-Four-Fingers to stop at the bookies.  The whole conversation after their "get-away driver" hits Frankie’s Van is hysterical.

Michael Kennedy

He's our get-away driver?  What the f* can he get away from?  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"