• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Suggested Courses

Started by Guest, 2003-07-08T16:25:02-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all, I'm an entering CS student at SIUE and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on classes and professors.  I've been looking at CS150 & CS111, MATH150, IME106, and PHYS211.  Do those seem like wise choices for classes?  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.  Thanks!  :-)

William Grim

I'd wait on Physics until after you finish MATH150.  It's too much calculus if you haven't had the basics IMHO.  The physics class is taxing enough as it stands anyway.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

You need to have MATH150 and MATH152 or concurrent enrollment in MATH152 to take PHYS211.

Brett

Jon

I would recommend that you finish math 152 before starting on the Physics courses.  They both require quite a bit of time and a lot of work.  But if you're not a lazy bum like me, then by all means, go for it.

Matthew Thomas

I'd have to agree with wgrim. way too much calc-use-less in physics if you haven't had the basics. One point to note though:

I am a transfer student, and to complete my physical science requirements, I could either take two physics classes, or two chemistry classes.

When I came here, I had 1 physics and 1 chem class under the belt, and chose to complete it with a chemistry class. Way way way less advanced math going this route.

If you take chem, either get Voss or Melina. They were great.
Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas