• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

CS Knowledge Base

Started by Jerry, 2003-07-31T07:34:13-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

How do we get content posted on the CS Knowledge Base?

Can we give posting privileges to other admins?

I would also like to give posting privileges to the Department Sys admins too. Is that possible?
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

William Grim

I'm not sure how many people Jon setup for posting privs on the site, but I doubt he'd have any problems adding teachers to that list.

To add something to the Knowledge Base, go to Administration Menu, choose FAQ, and from there it should pretty self-explanatory.

When you say other admins (the second line you wrote there), do you mean site admins?
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Jerry

I think site admins and the CS Dept. Sys. Admins. The CS Sys Admins could put up how-to's when they reconfig the system. Such as how-to electronically submit an assignment, how ftp to their soent accounts, and stuff like that.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

William Grim

Yeah, those are good ideas.  Greg knows about the CS KB and has access; I'll pass Jon an email to work on adding the rest of the site admins and things if he hasn't done so already.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Stiffler

OK, fine, you win. I will put up a version of the FAQ module that allows users to post Questions and Answers, even more than one answer to a question I believe, as soon as I wake up. I really haven't been awake since my class ended on Wednesday last week.
Mike: Just don't add anything to the FAQ until I change it over. As with all things, there is a chance that the upgrade might not be smooth.

Later,
Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Admin

OK, the new module is up. Since there were no usernames listed on the previous version, it made all the submitters as Admin. But new post will have the correct username associated with it.

Grim: This version allows for Summeries, so you might want to edit your for Unix post and add a small summery to them. Just a suggestion.

Hope you guys like it.

Admin