• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Child's Play

Started by Guest, 2003-10-31T23:57:28-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

QuoteYour average gamer these days is in his late 20sâ€ââ,¬Âyoung enough to still find new ways to destroy brain cells, old enough to worry about bills and 401ks, and wise enough to reminisce about the good ol' days of videogames. But was the age of Pong, Atari, Mattel handheld football, and Donkey Kong really all that great, or are we just blinded by fuzzy, warm nostalgia?

That's the question we askedâ€ââ,¬Âand answeredâ€ââ,¬Âback in the November issue of EGM, in which we rounded up nine children of the PlayStation generationâ€ââ,¬Âages 9 to 12â€ââ,¬Âand forced them to play a variety of titles from the late'70s to the mid-'80s. Now read what the little scamps had to say, plus check their comments on a bonus gameâ€ââ,¬ÂSuper Mario Bros.â€ââ,¬Âthat got cut from the EGM article. If you grew up with these classics, prepare to feel very old.

http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1338730,00.asp

Michael Kennedy

This was from me, by the way.  XOOPS is anooying.  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"