• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

For Sale: D-Link DES-3224 24 port Switch

Started by Michael Kennedy, 2003-11-08T00:30:29-06:00 (Saturday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Kennedy

I have a D-Link DES-3224 24 port switch that I'm interesting in selling.  It's fresh from an RMA to D-Link and is working perfectly.  The old problem I had with it was that when it  had the power cut to it in any way (i.e.- when a fuse was blown) it had to be reset internally to get it back to a working state.  D-Link found a faulty chip inside, fixed it, and now it works flawlessly.

The link to their site that talks about the DES-3224 has this to say about the switch:

QuoteThe D-Link DES-3224 is a high performance 24-port 10/100 Ethernet/Fast Ethernet NWay auto-sensing Switch with SNMP/RMON management. It is designed to eliminate unnecessary traffic, and relieve congestion on critical network paths. The DES-3224 is targeted at workgroup, departmental or backbone computing environments at medium to large businesses.

An iBuyer.net price grid can be found here.  And, like the other item I'm selling, don't be alarmed at the price, I'm plannig on selling it for cheap.

Also, this item will go up on eBay if I don't have any interest by the 15th or so.  Thanks for reading this far.  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"