• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Weird Spam-Filter Foilers

Started by Chris Swingler, 2004-01-20T03:57:25-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Swingler

So, I got three identical messages in my Yahoo! inbox today, and all of them are from "Allied Marketing Promotions, LLC", and appear to link to lowestratesources.com, asking me to refinance my home (you know, the one I don't own ;-p )  But regardless, they had some of the weirdest spam-filter foilers I've seen in a long time.  The actual link and message regarding morgatges was in an image, and what follows is the text that was below said image.

QuoteI'll be waiting patiently for your reply. The limit of this function tends to zero. I had fun when we talked on Tuesday. The ratio of signal to noise has decreased significantly.

This is the end result of a life lived without consequences. I do think that was darn funny.

Help me ! I'm trapped in an e-mail factory! It's all just so much white noise; nothing more than that. I'm not sure that I have anything more to say about this. It's a question that can't really be answered.

I feel pretty incoherent today; sorry if this is confusing. I'll be waiting patiently for your reply.It is a distinct posibility. That's a sneaky trick. There is a distinct sense of paranoia here. It's scary, I have to admit.

That's fine, though. We are clearly tending in a particular direction.It will have to reverse itself eventually. But it can't go on forever.

QuoteThat's a sneaky trick. Okay, let's start from the beginning. I'm not sure that I have anything more to say about this. I do think that was darn funny.

This is merely a stepping stone to better things. I can't help you there.

Okay, let's start from the beginning. And at some point, as they say, the map comes to resemble the territory. This is the result: Or maybe not.

I do think that was darn funny. And at some point, as they say, the map comes to resemble the territory.You are precisely on the money. Are you making up for something? Probably. It is a distinct posibility. Hey -

And at some point, as they say, the map comes to resemble the territory. I kept going afterward. I moved on.Look, there's something else that's been on my mind. I am a lepton.
QuoteHey - I feel pretty incoherent today; sorry if this is confusing. I am a lepton. This isn't much worse than an infomercial.

I don't know the answer to your question. Can't we just be friends?

It's always up in the air. Even in a perfect system, some amount of decay is a certainty. I skipped the whole school thing. Your signal/noise ratio is degrading.

Thing will tend to fall apart. I skipped the whole school thing.I am a boson. We can't return to how things used to be. I'm not sure that I have anything more to say about this. The acoma was dark like the plague.

It was my favorite thing about her. Does the universe remember? Probably.It will have to reverse itself eventually. Just one moment longer. Let me collect mythoughts.

Oh, and a lepton is "Any of a family of elementary particles that participate in the weak interaction, including the electron, the muon, and their associated neutrinos. See table at subatomic particle.", according to the American Heritage Dictionary.

Yes, I know this is just randomly generated text, but I thought these (especially the first) was just too funny.  Anyone else have any to share?
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Hey there...I found this post through a google search. I don't have an account, so apologies for the anonymous post ;).

I have my own example of one of these mails on my blog:
http://slackbus.org/blog/_archives/2004/1/20/14814.html.
You might be interested in reading it. It's definitely created by the same person, as many of the sentences are exactly the same. Enjoy!

Yes, I received those letters as well....but mine were slightly different. Lepton is also a software that hackers use to access passwords. However, mine stated the person feels synonamous to a boson-- Higgs Boson- again, science related so you may be right on the lepton interpretation.

I have also been getting Shakespeare's sonnets. My messages were hidden in my spam. They were not clearly seen by the naked eye. I had to click on select all and highlight entire spam advertisement to see the hidden message.

I suspect alien injection!!! lol

ACtually? I thought it was a friend of mine who thinks in the same random terms. But, if you are receiving spam messages also.....dunno. I have been receiving encoded text for a couple of years now.  Whoever it is, knows everything about me. They even can hear my cell phone conversations. Right after a conversation they will take pieces of what I have said and put it into the "subject line" of the spam.

There is an interesting site called spam mimic--go check it out, it encodes text into a spam email message anonymously.

Maybe we know the same person?? I doubt it. I am from Oregon, but I read about someone who was also receiving the message and he was in Seattle. (The northwest)

Theyla :roll:

i got this one too.  i really like the creativity that spammers are discovering these days--some great brain teasers!!