• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Want to buy computer parts

Started by DaleDoe, 2004-02-07T10:29:09-06:00 (Saturday)

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleDoe

My motherboard and/or processor died on my PIII machine. :bluescreen: All I really need is a motherboard and CPU that has a BIOS new enough to work with my 40GB hdd.  I'm looking for something like a PII or preferably PIII.  I would consider a complete system, but I can purchase the parts I need from Tiger Direct for $100, so I'm not looking to spend much over that.

I'm also in kind-of a hurry because my P1 also has problems, so I am now forced to work from a 486 laptop. :-(
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Are you asking if anyone has computer parts to sell to you or you are selling your old parts? Cause if you would like to buy a processor and maybe even a mother board, I have alot of spare parts laying around.

DaleDoe

Yea.  I'm looking to buy something soon.  I'm getting tired of the 20 minutes to compile a simple C++ program on my 486.:whistling:
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

Elizabeth Weber

Anyone have any PC133 SDRAM with which they'd be willing to part?
I'm looking for a cheap temporary upgrade for my poor machine until I start rolling in the big buck$ :-) and can have her thoroughly replaced (sssh, don't tell her).
~Elizabeth Weber