• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Gmail

Started by Michael Kennedy, 2004-06-22T05:26:58-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Kennedy

Aaaaaah...  I'm happy to see the Gmail-gooodness getting passed around.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Elizabeth Weber

Got it, thanks  :-)
ElizabethMarie  ;-)
~Elizabeth Weber

Jonathan Birch

Upon consideration, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to move on from my hotmail account...

Would someone send me an invite also?

Brett

I will. I want to get rid of my invite.

Er, what's your email address?

Jonathan Birch

There, it should show up in my profile now. Hadn't realized that I never checked the "allow others to see my email" option.

Brett

Michael Kennedy

I'm surprised that the interest for the Gmail accounts isnt higher on this board.  With sites like gmailswap.com and the like I thought people would be diving at the chance to get an account.

Are there just not a lot of people checking the site this summer or what?
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Stiffler

I have interest in an account, but you already knew that. This site always has a slump in users when there is no school going on.
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Michael Kennedy

Check the account you asked me to send you one at- I sent you an invitation a little while ago.  It didnt occur ro me until just now that I never got the confirmation saying that you accepted.  Got a spam filter running on that account?

Stiffler

I had to use the webmail interface to see all the bulk mail. I registered now :D. Thanks.
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

ProtagonistJ

If those invitations are still vaild, I would be interested in having a gmail account.  Email in profile; thanks in advance.

Chris Swingler

QuoteIf those invitations are still vaild, I would be interested in having a gmail account. Email in profile; thanks in advance.

Consider it done.  Check your inbox.
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

John Paul

My existing email account has turned G-mail. If anyone is interested in having G-mail without all this fuzzy "Invitation-only" tags, you can have one at "rediffmail.com" and free of cost. Your G-mail invitation is not any previllege bestowed upon you. It is just an ad campaign. You can take this as multiple invitations.

John
johnpaul
<------<

Brett

Wonder where they got that idea? It is tempting to be able to email in "11 Indian languages," but I think I'll pass.

Michael Kennedy

I dunno, there's a certain amount of trust that must go into selecting an email provider if you want to have the account for a while.  Gmail seems to have the staying power and I'm not as confident with rediffmail.net.  I'd be afraid that if the ads shrink away off the main page they'll close accounts.

Also, I dont really think that the invitation si marketing.  It seems to me like a smart way to roll out a beta product.  I expect to see more companies do the same in the future.  Google has very good control over the # of accounts this way.