• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Gmail

Started by Michael Kennedy, 2004-06-22T05:26:58-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiffler

How do you invite people to have a gmail account?
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Michael Kennedy

At some point you'll get a red "You have X invitations" or something at the top of the screen when viewing your mail.  Once that appears it'll link you to a popup that lets you fill out some info.

It's weird that you havent had any invites yet.  on my 2 accounts I've had 12 total.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Jonathan Birch

I've also yet to receive any invites through my account. I've heard rumors elsewhere that the beta group is full. Nothing with any claims to veracity though...

Geoff Schreiber

I haven't had any invites appear yet either...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

R. Andrew Lamonica

I have received quite a few invites on my account, but the people I gave accounts to have had mixed amounts.  We guessed that it had to do with your usage patterns.  If you do not send and receive messages from your account or add people to your contact list then Google may assume that an invite would be wasted on you. ;-)

Geoff Schreiber

I also finally have two invites to pass around if anyone is interested!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

Josh

What is the size of GMAIL? 2gigs? I will would like to join anyway. Hotmail sucks.
Josh Cunningham
"I am a hunter of peace..."--Vash, Trigun......

Jonathan Birch

How many messages had you received when it gave you an invite? It still isn't giving me any, and I'm using it pretty heavily.

Also, the box it gives you is 1 GB.