• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Macromedia Flash Question

Started by Michael Kennedy, 2004-07-05T05:47:35-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Kennedy

I know next to nothing about Flash, but have a small project that I'd like to and Flash seems like an easy way to accomplish it and have everything look nice.

What I'd like to do is have a button and a textbox.  When the button is clicked the textbox will then equal it's cuRRent contents plus something else (let's say a * for the sake of the question).

So, what should my ActionScript be for such an action. I've tried a lot of VB syntax and other things that would be valid in in other languages, but I'm just not getting lucky here.  My real project will be more complex than what I'm asking about, but once I get that neailed down the rest should be cake.

Thanks a lot in advance.  I can't find this online anywhere (or if I do, it's for very early versions of Flash and isnt working with my MX version).
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

I've done some Flash stuff before, and I should be able to help you with this. It may be a couple days before I can get back to you on it though...

Michael Kennedy

"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Geoff Schreiber

Have you asked on the Flash ActionScript forums?

news://forums.macromedia.com  At least the old UD and DW groups were great at helping the userbase, I would expect the same out of the Flash base...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

Michael Kennedy

Awesome.  I didnt realize they had a newsgroup.  Thanks a lot.

Honestly, looking at this again, I was thinking Shockwave rather than flash (don't really know flash).