• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

RIAA goes even younger in their lawsuits

Started by Tyler, 2004-11-10T09:36:38-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

They have set a new bar for their lawsuits.  Previously the record low age they had for lawsuits was 12 years old.  They have now pushed that back to 10 years old.  This is roughly third grade.   In third grade all I cared about was the next game of tag or four-square during recess.  This girl has to worry about pirating lawsuits.

The full story is http://www.boycott-riaa.com/article/14904">here

Someday I hope that the RIAA accepts that suing just pushes filesharing underground to places where they can't trace it.  Not to mention, there's no way in HELL that I would have bought the cds for the music I have.  I would be in debt.  Some could also argue that it is good promotion for people to hear bands' music.  True fans would still go out and buy the cd or better yet see their favorite band in concert.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

*shakes head*

There is a lot to be said for this, would you really want a 10 year old on a computer using file sharing applications?  Granted most 10 year olds are more computer familiar than most 40-50 year olds I know...but still the www is becoming a much more "dangerous" place if you will.  I think the parents should have been paying attention to what was going on with their child.

*shrugs*

but yes I hope the RIAA dies..painfully..
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

I just realized I used two of the *action* type thingies in my post....I'm going to go kill myself in a more horrible fashion.

*kills s...oh fuck it.

Bryan

yeah...I think we need to disable anonymous login...
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Tyler

I agree.  I think you should have to login to post or reply.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005