• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Mozilla Firefox

Started by Guest, 2004-11-11T15:22:04-06:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

I was wondering if it would be possible for the lord of the CS computer lab to install Mozilla Firefox on all of the computers in the lab.  Firefox just offers a better browsing experience; and after becoming accustomed to its awesomeness, it pains me to have to regress back to IE while at school.

William Grim

I've been wanting to see it in the CS labs as well.  It is indeed superior.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

I don't know what it is! Tell me! Help!

Veronica

Mozilla is the answer to all our prayers. It lets us break away from the evil Microsoft. It allows more freedom then anything explorer can offer. Tabbed browsing, user made add-ons and plug ins. You can find it at www.mozilla.org, download and play with it. The best part is that it is FREE.

Brad Nunnally

"Wisdom begins in Wonder" Socrates. :nerd:

Tyler

Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Ross Mead

I've been an advocate of Mozilla since they started.  Firefox is great, and I'd love to see it (set up correctly, plug-ins and all) on the CS computers.

Tyler

I love the extensions too.  I have learned to love mouse gestures and can't get by without them.  Not to mention a nice iTunes plugin, some nice developer tools, and a nice override to right click even when they try to disable via javascript.

What's baffling to me is that AOL still uses IE at the heart of its web browsing when they have access to a browse like Mozilla/Firefox.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005