• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Some intertesting PS3 news.

Started by Brad Nunnally, 2004-11-24T21:33:41-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Nunnally

I was reading in my newest PSM magazine that sony has told some game developers to start creating some demo games to showcase on the PS3 in some of the upcoming confreneces. The game developers are running into one speed bumb however. Their computers are not strong enough to produce the graphics that the PS3 will be capable of producing. They are coding the games out but are unable to truly test them out yet. They are forced to build "speculate and build very powerful PC's that can simulate what the PS3 will be able to do." Can't wait for 2006 to see this for myself.

Thought it was kinda of cool thought I would share it with you guys.

Brad Nunnally

"Wisdom begins in Wonder" Socrates. :nerd:
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

William Grim

QuoteTheir computers are not strong enough to produce the graphics that the PS3 will be capable of producing.

Yeah right..... more marketing hype.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

I'm going to agree with Mike on this one, something just doens't ring true about that.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Brad Nunnally

I don't know if it is true or not but from what I have been reading about the cell technology and them using the new Blue Ray , I think thats what it is called, for their game disks it seem possible. The cell tech will allow it to process at amazing speed and the Blue Ray discs will offer, now it just possible, High Def games. I am sure that once the Blue Ray playersand discs come out later next year more we will have a better idea what the games might look like. At the next meeting I will try to remember to bring the article with me if any of you want to read it.

Brad Nunnally

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't."
Richard Bach :idea:
Brad Ty Nunnally
Former CAOS Hooligan

by some freak chance, when i was reading this post i went out and looked at the slashdot headlines on the news page and they had an article about the cell processors (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/29/1251237&from=rss - just in case its not there when someone reads this) where it mentions the PS3

Brad Nunnally

Sorry I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I got a new article today on this subject. Here is the link.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-3/avalon/569218p1.html

It is a information release on cell tech and how it will work with the PS3. Hope you enjoy.

Brad Nunnally :idea:

"To imagine is everything, to know is nothing at all."
Anatole France
Brad Ty Nunnally
Former CAOS Hooligan