• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Cheating (Forum Rules)

Started by William Grim, 2004-12-04T12:45:37-06:00 (Saturday)

Previous topic - Next topic

William Grim

Hello.

We don't really have many rules here on the CAOS forums.  In fact, I think most of them are unsaid rules and general netiquette.  Also, I am lazy and don't like to moderate all that much.  I also don't like to moderate much, because I think people should feel free to speak, even against the moderators... unless they're causing problems.

However, I would like to make one rule clear to everyone.

Do NOT post anything telling anyone how to cheat on any type of homework!  Doing so will result in being banned from here.

I only bring this up, because "Anonymous Coward" just posted something about paying people to do your homework for you.  This also brings another point up... if AC begins to be abused, it will have to be turned off.  There is already a dislike for having AC on, because of the usability issues that Xoops has been having lately.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Stiffler

Cheating was one of the biggest concerns that I had when this topic was suggested. I think I posted something about cheating in this forum before, but people no one really used this area to cheat. I think this forum is a good idea, and a place for people to get legit help. Cheating is against the school policy and cheaters can be kicked out of the University, so if anyone does cheat, even when anonymous, you still can be found. I gave that warning a long time ago. I will search for that thread and see if it is still around. This forum is supposed to be used like the tutors in the CS Lab; they can't give you the answer, but they can point you in the right direction.

Jon

EDIT: Hmm. I don't see that thread. Maybe it was deleted. Oh well. I know there was written rules at one point in time. I can't remember. Has it been that long?
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

William Grim

QuoteI think this forum is a good idea, and a place for people to get legit help.

Yeah, I completely agree with you.  I think there are LOTS of legit questions that can be asked for a homework assignment.  I just have a strong ethic with homework, because I never cheated, and I think it reflects poorly on the university if more people start cheating because they know of a website where you can pay people to do the work for you.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Tyler

I still think Anonymous posting should be turned off.

Besides, with such cool ratings to strive for, who would want to post anonymously?
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005