• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

LUUCS Event : UNIX Tutorial 1

Started by Stiffler, 2002-09-13T09:52:36-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiffler

Let me guess, it's too late to get the free copies of Linux from SuSE, Red Hat, or Mandrake?

Oh I did some research; the disc the SuSE sends you for free is an installable disc, but the free one off their ftp (called live-eval) is their distro installed on a CD, so all you need to do is put the CD in your drive, boot up, and you are running a full linux distro without installing anything on your HD.

This tutorial is going to be great! I wish my class ended earlier. Maybe I can convince Dr. Ehlmann to let us out early.

And why didn't you upload the image to the Image Gallery?

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Peter Motyka

Dont get this confused with the installfest.  That is going to be the following Saturday, the 21st.  I will have some info about that event very soon.  This session is going to be more geared toward the newbie and such.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about this session, please let us know.

Bring your friends :)  I want to see every seat full in the lab we have reserved for this!

Peter
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

Stiffler

Ok, I got confused. I thought we were handing out copies of Linux at the tutorial, so ppl could practice what they were taught, and then hand out the left-overs at the installfest.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.