• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Can your handle hack it with the big boys?

Started by Elizabeth Weber, 2004-12-21T08:15:54-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth Weber

Inspired by the coolness of cheeseprophet's handle, I am posting this handy generator for those of you suffering from net nick name inadequacy.

http://www.rootcompromise.org/hhg/index.php
~Elizabeth Weber

Stiffler

Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Jerry

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Jonathan Birch

I wasn't really happy with anything I could get for any permutation of either of my handles, so I spent a few minutes figuring out how this thing works. If you want to preserve the magic, don't read the next bit:

[color=E9E9E9]All this does is take the sum of the ACII values of the characters in the string you submit mod the length of their name table and use it as the index for a lookup. Hence, if you add 1 to one character and subtract 1 from another you get the same response, and "ii" returns the same name as "FFF".[/color]

Sorry, I'm the sort of person who explains magic tricks too.

Gary Mayer

So, how do you get the explanation to appear?

I tried adding water, white out, and even colored in the area of my screen with that fancy disappearing ink reappearer thing.  No go.  :-?

You forgot to say how to read your magic words.  :cry:

:-P  :-P
-- Malekith

The higher, the fewer, Doctor. The higher it goes, the fewer.

Gary Mayer

Oh, and for those who still believe in the magic of mickey despite knowing there's a sweaty pimply-faced kid underneath, mine was

"Lawless Kermit"

:roll:
-- Malekith

Elizabeth Weber

QuoteSo, how do you get the explanation to appear?

I tried adding water, white out, and even colored in the area of my screen with that fancy disappearing ink reappearer thing. No go.

Lawless Kermit,

You have to know the secret password :-P

It could be like those magic eye things where you stare at the screen until you get cross eyed and begin to believe that you can see through the screen.

Or maybe you just have to understand that "there is no spoon."

Got any fairy dust to sprinkle on it?  Don't forget to think happy thoughts.

I know, take your monitor under a heat lamp, like getting a note written in lemon juice to appear ;-).

It's a reverse etch-a-sketch, shake your monitor and the words appear.

... Depending on the font-color settings of your pc, you should just be able to highlight the area with your mouse and viola!  Like the good old fashioned "invisible markers" or writting in a white crayon on an easter egg.
~Elizabeth Weber

Gary Mayer

Quote... Depending on the font-color settings of your pc, you should just be able to highlight the area with your mouse and viola! Like the good old fashioned "invisible markers" or writting in a white crayon on an easter egg.

Methinks, O Dear Covert Monkey, that thou art too embedded in your code. And here I even included smiley faces for the humor impared.  :roll:

:-P  ;-)
-- Malekith

It suggested that I change my handle to "Techno Mole."  Oh well.  I guess you just can't improve upon perfection. :-)

Elizabeth Weber

QuoteI guess you just can't improve upon perfection.
AGREED!

"Cheeseprophet" is hands down the best handle I've ever heard (Though "Punky" for a pilot surnamed Bruster is a close second).

Do you have a themesong?
~Elizabeth Weber

Warez Mage
Thought Phreaker
Zero Overlord
Liquid Nexxus

QuoteElizabeth wrote:

Do you have a themesong?

Why yes I do!  In fact, here's my bio:

Themesong: "Seas of Cheese" by Primus (from the album Sailing the Seas of Cheese)
Superhero Identity: The Big Cheese
Nickname: The Cheese Whiz
Favorite pick up line: "You're eyes are like two giant cheese wheels..."
Interests: String Cheese Theory, Swiss history, and long walks on the beach under a setting chedder colored sun (cheesey I know).