• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

CAOS activities

Started by Tyler, 2005-01-09T00:11:01-06:00 (Sunday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

Maybe I'm wrong, and I very well may be, but it seems that not much happened this last semester in CAOS.  I think the only activities of this past semester was a meeting I couldn't attend and a meeeting with Dr. White talking about graphics and stuff (which was really cool).  

PLEASE do not think that I am badmouthing anyone--that is not my intent at all, so please do not think so.  I am just thinking that it could be really fun to hang out with fellow computer nerds on a more regular basis.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

I will be meeting with Dr. Blythe and Dr. Weinberg within the first week of the semester to figure out how to turn CAOS around.  There will be a meeting shortly thereafter to get everyone's input and start organizing everything..I've got a lot of fun activities planned we're working on getting some more serious/informational ones set too.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Tyler

I remember at the last big meeting there was a huge turnout, much more than expected, I believe.  Of course I realize that I bet a lot of those people got extra credit from their 140 instructors, but still, they were there.  

Some ideas off the top of my head--modding parties, upgrade/install parties, lan parties, trivia night (especially computer nerd trivia), and just plain parties!

And a side note, aren't there CAOS official elections sometime soon???
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Jonathan Birch

I'm also interested in knowing when the officer elections will be held, as I'd like to try for a position this year.

Its certainly true that not much happened last semester, and that's a shame, because there are a number of useful things CAOS could do.

For instance, since we are a student ACM chapter, its possible for us to invite various designated speakers through the ACM to give talks on different subjects. Also, it seems like at least a few former members might be persuaded to talk about whatever section of the industry they're currently working in (not to imply that anyone is obligated to do so).

Bryan

Elections will happen in January.
We have plenty of FUN things to do
and are working on inviting guest speakers

Keep coming up with ideas and don't hesitate to post them to the boards.  As far as fundraisers go I would like to have a trivia night like tfizzle said..would be a good way to make some money and have fun.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.