• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Problems with Non MS Browsers

Started by Chris Swingler, 2002-09-11T13:31:18-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Swingler

I've recently converted to using Mozilla.  It's great--fast, has tab support by pushing in the mousewheel (so I don't have to have 20-some-odd windows of IE so I can keep multiple sites up at one time), not Microsoft-owned, and is less crash-prone.  It has some compatibility issues with some sites, and this happens to be one of them.  When I'm typing a message (like I am right now), the text is absolutely tiny.  I can't read it without turning text zoom up to 150%.  Is there any way that this can be fixed?

(If you want a screenshot, just ask.)

--Beanie

P. S. Mosiac can't even find this site, but Mosaic is pretty old.  No one uses it anymore, and all it does under XP is crash
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Admin

I am using Mozilla 1.0 on a VNC from Solar. The text is not small at all as I type this. What theme are you using? I am using "flexi2", but if I know your theme then I can try to reproduce your problem.

It might be your computer. If I know how you are, then I heard you saying that you're having some problems with your PC (not monitor).

Jon

William Grim

The problem is not mozilla; it is the site.

In fact, mozilla is better at rendering this site than IE is.  I do know of your problem though, and the best way to fix it is to go into the View settings and go down to Zoom and enlarge your view to whatever you want.  It will change ALL fonts on the page; you can even change other preferences if you want to allow a minimum of 12 PT font only like I do.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Chris Swingler

Thanks.  I did that and it helped a lot.

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator