• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Brain warm-up E (Earth-people’s fascination)

Started by EvilAndrew, 2005-01-18T15:06:28-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

For the start of the semester, I have decided to give everyone a quick brain warm-up. Feel free to e-mail me your solutions (my SIUE address starts with â€Ã...“rlamoni@â€Ã,) I will post a reply to this message with the names (or pseudonyms if desired) of the correct submitters in a day or two or when a sufficient number of people have answered the question. At that point, I will add a new question. Each question will have a title that could be a clue or just an inside joke. ;-)

Please DO NOT reply to the thread with an answer to the problem. E-mail it instead.

Remember to make your Subject Line = â€Ã...“Brain Warm-up Eâ€Ã,.

EvilAndrew

Here is a hard one.
What number should replace the â€ËÅ"X’ (and what everyday object gave you the answer)?
0. 6
1. 2
2. 5
3. 5
4. 4
5. 5
6. 6
7. 3
8. 7
9. X

EvilAndrew

I thought that this would be a real hard one, but someone already got it.  He, however, recognized the nod to Douglas Adams in the Title (hint hint hint).  I will leave this puzzle up until tomorrow at 5pm.  

However, because extra time will not really help anyone on puzzle E like it will on puzzle F I will post puzzle F tomorrow at noon.

EvilAndrew

â€Ã...“New Rules, New Rules, New Rulesâ€Ã,
Starting with problem F (or E if you still have not submitted), you should submit your answers at the following webpage. http://lamonica.info/CAOSPuzzle/  I also feel the need to give a few more clues because my Douglas Adams clue caused two people to e-mail me with â€Ã...“who the heck is Douglas Adams?â€Ã,  

1) You are looking for an everyday object that has the numbers 0-9 on it.  These numbers will give you the answer to this puzzle.  

2) The everyday object is not a telephone.  

I will post Brain Warm-up F in a few hours, but you can get a sneak-peek at it if you visit the site mentioned above.

Elizabeth Weber

Nice page, a comment section may also be useful.

I think thou dost hint too much ;)
~Elizabeth Weber

Bryan

I think that anyone who does'nt know who Douglas Adams is needs to...they need to...I'm not sure but deserve some severe punishment :-x
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Elizabeth Weber

No one should be blamed for not having the opportunity to experience the cooler things in life.  They should be pitied rather than punished and promptly schooled.  :-D

Share the love.
~Elizabeth Weber

Jonathan Birch

Well, the hinting is only fair. I might not have gotten it if he hadn't told me it was a Douglas Adams reference.

EvilAndrew

I have posted the results and answer to my CAOS Puzzle Page (http://lamonica.info/CAOSPuzzle/E.html).  

If there are objections to my using a separate site for the puzzles then let me know.  I will go back to using the Forum.  

Just a question, what exactly is "Earth-people's fascination?"  is it Time, or a watch?