• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

50 G-mail invites?

Started by EvilAndrew, 2005-02-08T11:10:26-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

I checked my g-mail today and noticed that I now have 50 invites (and a new invite interface).  I suspect that this means gmail is going public.  

Although, I had been getting 6 a week for the last few months so 50 is not a real big jump.  :-P

Chris Swingler

Yep.  I have three accounts, and got 50 in two of them and nine in the other.
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Tyler

I also have 50 invites.  They may be going public soon, but at least not yet according to their page http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html#signup">here
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

raptor

Yeah i jsut noticed mine go up to 50.  Since they say they don't want to go public yet my guess is that they want to up the level of testing they're doing.  But that just means they're closer to going public.

-Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Brian Glass

Careful Beanie... Don't let Google find out that you have three accounts.  Its against their Program Policies.

Chris Swingler

Quoteglassprograms wrote:
Careful Beanie... Don't let Google find out that you have three accounts.  Its against their Program Policies.

What?

QuoteCreate multiple user accounts in connection with any violation of the Agreement or create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses
Okay, what else am I violating here to connect my multiple accounts to?  It's a restriction against having multiple accounts for illegal purposes, as far as I'm reading it.
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator