• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Red vs. Blue 2

Started by EvilAndrew, 2005-03-02T10:08:49-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

I was thinking that we should do the second season of Red vs. Blue just after spring break.  Does this sound good to anyone else?  What does The_ME think?

Bryan

actually we have it planned ou that RvB will be that Friday and lan gaming will be the following night (Saturday).  We're just waiting for confirmationa nd everything to fall into place before we put up fliers.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Chris Swingler

Any chance we could watch something along with/instead of RvB?  I've been looking at the Mega64 videos, and am very close to buying a DVD.  I don't think we'll run into any copyright problems, but I can't be sure.

EDIT:  I talked to Lowtax, we're welcome to show this DVD publicly.
EDIT2: Ordered the DVD.  Should be in some time during spring break.
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

bill corcoran

I haven't seen the videos, but they show some promise.  to me, the idea of dressing up like, and pretending you are a tetris block is hilarious.
-bill

The_ME

I will be there with the DVD. The DVD has a 1st season primer for all of the folks who have not seen Season 1. If this doesn't post I will be quite pissed.

The_ME

It posted. Hopefully this does too.

EvilAndrew

I have the episodes on my hard drive and would be happy to run a temporary/private torrent of season 1 if someone will let me know what the number of the last season 1 episode was.

The_ME

There are 19 episodes a season.

I have a door prize for the Red vs Blue Showing. I guess we could have a drawing or something?

Oh yeah, the prize is an AT&T Map/5, monitor, keyboard, and tapes for the tape drive.

Thoughts?

William Grim

Ha ha, you are still trying to get rid of that?

I have no problems allowing you to give this away as a prize.  How do the other officers feel?
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Oxnard

If that pile is given away I will go to a caos event.  Falls in the category of not willing to pay for yet irresistibly sexy for free.

EvilAndrew

I have posted a torrent of season 1.  This is my first torrent attempt so if you have any problems then let me know.

The file is:

(Link Removed - as it is now dead)

Ross Mead

Is anyone else noticing that both sets of fliers are being taken down?  I talked to one of the janitors that was taking them down, and she said that we're only allowed to post fliers on approved bulletin boards and other places.  We should really get that list of places... ;-)  I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on; if you see a janitor taking them down, ask them if you could keep the fliers (I got the ones from her; we might be able to do something with them... ).  Also, do not take anything out on the janitors, they're just doing their jobs.  We'll have to look further into this for future events.

Tyler

I noticed this yesterday.  I emailed Dr. Blythe and Dr. Weinberg, and he said that we should post in moderation, and that there's not much we can do about it.  He said just post in moderation.

By the by, our events are listed on SIUE events now.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

EvilAndrew

I will be taking down this torrent on Friday so get it while you can.

(Link Removed - as it is now dead)

The_ME

I decided it was not worth the effort to ebay it. Sure somebody might be out there looking for something like this, but then I would have to put some effort into it.

Are there any ideas for how to give this away? I was thinking you have to stay till the end is a requirement.