• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

New senior project idea for Computer Engineering majors?

Started by Guest, 2005-03-26T21:10:31-06:00 (Saturday)

Previous topic - Next topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5563490518

This guy made a killing off of his!  I like his technical descriptions of "filled with electronics" and "made of medal." I've seen schematics for time machines before but I had no idea they could be such a lucrative business. As I recall the schematic I saw was basically an oscillator with some resistors and capacitors thrown in connected to some "time coils."  I'm sure the guy in Radio Shack can help you find some of those...

If you're not sure where to begin when building your new senior project time machine check these guys out:
http://www.futurehorizons.net/time.htm.  (By the way I'll soon be selling my own time machine plans for half the price, so be sure to contact me first!)

This is a great project becuase you don't have to worry about deadlines.  If you don't get it done in time and you fail the class don't sweat it.  You can always finish it later, travel back in time and give it to yourself before you flunk (also known as the "Bill and Ted" design approach)  :-)  

Brad Nunnally

I listen to Dave Glover on 97.1 FM Talk alot, and on tuesdays he does paranormal tuesdays. They actually got the "inventer" of the time machine at http://www.futurehorizons.net/time.htm. plus some other people who said they had bought the device and used it correctly. The conversation they had was the funniest damn thing I have heard in a while. If you notice on the site though the guy guarantees money back, and he says he has never had to give someone their money back.

P.S. if you check out the website check out the lightsaber, This guy is soo sad. :-D
Brad Ty Nunnally
CAOS Vice-Pres.

"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally."
Calvin Trillin
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Tyler

I can't help but think of Napolean Dynamite when I read this.  

Your mom goes to college!!!

~tfizzle

p.s. Kip rules!!!
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Jerry

QuoteCheeseprophet wrote:
This is a great project becuase you don't have to worry about deadlines.  If you don't get it done in time and you fail the class don't sweat it.  You can always finish it later, travel back in time and give it to yourself before you flunk (also known as the "Bill and Ted" design approach)  :-)  

There is a rumor that this is an on going Senior Project. It started back in 1996. The team, a combination of CS and ECE students, were unhappy about their grade. They received a low grade because they hated doing documentation. As many teams do, they procrastinated and failed to deliver their final docs. So, they went back in time. They haven't yet managed to turn in any documentation. I suspect it is because what one of them said to me once (or actually many times I think :-) ): "Don't worry we'll get it done, we always work better under pressure." Well, of course if you have a time machine, there is never any pressure.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Tyler

This must be crock.

I know for a fact the only way to travel through time is with 1.21 gigawatts of power and a flux capacitor.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

William Grim

Jiggawatts... please get the pronunciation correct.  :-P
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley