• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Hardest Puzzle on the Web

Started by Guest, 2005-03-29T18:20:00-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone introduced me to this (self proclaimed) hardest puzzle on the web, so I thought I'd share it with everyone else as my first post.

The rules are simple... use anything you want (view the source if you want), just dont google for the solutions on the web.  If this one has been posted before then I'm sorry.  There are over 80 levels... and I'm currently stuck on level 16.

http://deathball.net/notpron

good luck... I suggest posting questions and hints here on this forum... :-?

Stiffler

I completed that about a month ago. It is hard. I don't really want to spoil the answers though. Well, I don't remember a lot of them, anyways.
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Tyler

Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Stiffler

Yeah, a couple of months. I have been busy lately. Although, I did find time to complete that riddle. *cough* :D I like the riddle where you need to cut out a shape and form a weird figure to find dusk til dawn. :P

EvilAndrew

Stiffler: Now that you solved the hardest puzzle on the web you should solve the easier one I posted.

http://lamonica.info/CAOSPuzzle/U.html

Stiffler

*prints multiple copies* Okay, I will look at this and give it a try. :D

EDIT: Hmm. This will make a great programming assignment to solve that. Maybe even an earlier AI program, because there are easier ways to doing this than just trial and error. Now I need to think of an heuristic. :P

EvilAndrew

There is no need for trial and error.  All three puzzles can be solved completely logically in a step by step manor.  This particular puzzle could be solved easily by a prolog program given a thorough set of rules. However, I selected unusual board shapes for the second and bonus puzzles so that a human would have an easier time solving the problem then a computer.  In other words, these puzzles have special logical features that give hints that do not usually appear in more regular shapes (like puzzle 1).

BTW. Two people have solved puzzles 1 and 2 and one of them solved the bonus as well.