• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

CAOS Prez Plays Local Gig

Started by Jerry, 2005-04-18T19:37:56-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Ross Mead and his band of renown, Jin Rickshaw Armada, will be playing the Club Three-1-Three in Belleville on Wednesday around 8pm.  :punk:

http://www.three-1-three.com/
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Bryan

anyone know if this is an all ages, 18+, 21+ or what deal?  I'd rather not bring my girlfriend and have them stop her at the door.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Brad Nunnally

I live two blocks from three-one-three, and it has been a rare thing that they do a 18+ only crowd, it is mostly 21+ only. Since it is the unofficial 420 show I doubt it will be anything but 21+.

Now since you "know" the band I am sure that anyone you want to bring should be able to get in. Three-one-Three is known for being shady like that. This is all from my experience though, the best answer can only come from the el presidente.

Brad Ty Nunnally
CAOS Vice-Pres.

Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Ross Mead

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of posting something about this earlier!  LOL!

Yeah, so my band (Jinriksha Armata) is playin' a show at the Three-1-Three in Belleville tomorrow (or tonight as it were) at 8 and playin' about an hour set.  In case you're curious, our style is rather undefined, but consider it more of like a heavy-funk-jazz type thing... ehh, just come hear it for yourself!

It is a 21+ show; sorry to anyone that is under-age (heck, both the bassist and I are only 20, but we're the exceptions!), but even knowing us can't get you in, as we are merely an opening band.  I believe the door charge is $4.20 (conveniently!), but I'm not totally sure on that.  I'd love to see some CAOS people out there.

From what I've heard from previous years, it's generally quite a show, though it generally doesn't pick up until AFTER the opening band plays (**sighs**).  We'd love some energy from you guys if you come out! :-)

Following us is a (country?) band called BOB; I think they're a house band, and I've heard they're pretty good.  Headlining is my singer's old band, Ether Project.  They've been around for about four years, and have gone through a lot of changes recently, so we're excited to see what they've come up with.

Again, I invite anyone 21+ to come up there and join us; we'd definitely appreciate it!  Thanx for the ad-space! :-P

Ross Mead

Ehh, well in case anyone was wondering, the show went great!  It's my first time actually playing a REAL show (i.e., not parties for friends), and it was a complete blast!  The crowd really got into the music; I particularly liked someone's description of my guitar solo as "melting their face off!"... ya' gotta' love it... :-P

Anyways, it is important to mention that we got offered to play two shows, probably sometime in May in St. Louis.  I know that no one from CAOS showed up for the show yesterday (it breaks my heart... really... :-P... J/K!!! :-D), but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in them to the point where I'd post and advertise again.  I don't like making the CAOS forum a billboard for my own band, but if people are interested then I'd love to get the word out.  Lemme' know whatcha' think.

On a sidenote, someone taped the show, so if you can't live with the guilt of missing it, you can always ask for a copy... :-P  :-D

Elizabeth Weber

If I bothered to check the s-forum more often I'd have found out about the gig before just now and gone.  That's a total lie because I was home in bed sick, but I'd have been home in bed sick and crabby because I wasn't at a gig.

Frequenting the s-forum more often would also have given me opportunity to raz Bryan for asking about the age limits just so he could brag about having a gf  :-P .

Yes, I'd like to hear about future gigs and thanks Dr. Weinberg for bringing up this one.
A copy of the tape would be cool, a cd (or other form of recorded music) would be even awesomer.
~Elizabeth Weber