• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

GatewayCHI Meeting and Officer Nominations

Started by Jerry, 2005-05-10T10:15:45-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

GatewayCHI is looking for new officers. Being an officer is a good way to meet potential employers. We've had plenty of officers from our Department: Erin Harris, Nisha Dharna, Elizabeth Weber, Kristin Caulfield.  I would highly recommend it.

The call for officer nominations is below and the announcement for this month's meeting.

-------------------------------------------------------

Officer Nominations
Please mark your calendars for the last meeting of the program year (details below). We will also be electing new officers for the 2005-06 program year (starts in September). We're accepting nominations for the following positions:  

Chair:  schedules the officer meetings, acts as liasion to the ACM and spearheads special projects (e.g. member dinner).
Vice Chair:  assists the Chair with the above-mentioned activities.
Treasurer: manages the money (i.e. membership dues), buys snacks for the meetings, and with the help of the Vice Chair, fills out the annual report form at the end of the year.
Secretary/Webmaster: updates the GatewayCHI website and sends out the meeting announcements.

As a group, you are responsible for scheduling program meetings for the year. We've started planning for next year, so half the work is already done!

If you or anyone you know might be interested in these positions, please send your nominations to me (leigh_lammert@mastercard.com) asap.

The Effects of the Testing Environment on User Performance in Software Usability Testing
Presented by Bryan Grubaugh, student at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE)

Description:  The goal of Bryan's research was to test modern usability lab environments to see if they either impair or improve user performance in software usability testing. As modern usability labs increase in both size and function, the chance that these changes are causing negative side effects also increases. We will look at the results of this study and discuss the potential effects on the use of usability labs in industry.

Date:  Thursday, May 12th
Networking: 6:30 p.m. (refreshments and snacks will be available)
Meeting: 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Directions: Directions (map below): 270 North, exit at Olive Blvd and turn right (east). Stay in the immediate right lane and make the first right onto Emerson, between Lion's Choice and the Drury Inn. At the stop sign stay to the right on Emerson. Turn left at the 622 Emerson sign and follow around to the front of the building. Park in the visitor parking in front of the building or in the parking garage. Go to Ste. 400 on the fourth floor.

Hope to see you there!
Leigh Lammert
http://www.acm.org/chapters/gatewaychi/
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Bryan

you know, it keeps slipping my mind that I am presenting at this coming meeting.  I should probably be nervous or something

edit: oh and I'm going for the vice chair position
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.