• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Round 2: Jinriksha Armata playing Margarita Mama's

Started by Ross Mead, 2005-05-10T16:04:53-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Heya' all, just wanted to let everyone know my band, Jinriksha Armata, is playing at Margarita Mama's again this Thursday, May 12th.  As our last show went... well, in short not so good (at least in our opinion), we're hoping that things will have worked themselves out for this show.  As always, I invite any and all of you (over 21) to attend.  Margarita Mama's is located in Westport Plaza; if you need directions go to www.mapquest.com and click Get Directions from your residence to:

910 WESTPORT PLZ
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63146-3104

Hope to see-ya' there! :punk:

Bryan

I apologize for not making it last weekend (no one wanted to go) and I apologize for not going this time (I'm presenting at GatewayCHI).  Eventually I'm going to see your band.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Ross Mead

LOL!!!  That's kewl.  We're all really exhausted and the pre-show practice didn't go too well, so it'll be really interesting on Thursday.  Hopefully things will go well... wish us luck! :-P

Ross Mead

**sighz**

Change in plans all.  The bassist for the band we were playing with has been hospitalized with a broken foot and the show has been cancelled.  Tenatively, the show has been rescheduled for May 26th.  I'll post something if this date becomes official.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bryan

Not to be too happy but, that means you can be at my presentation tongiht then...RIGHT?! :-p
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Ross Mead

So it is official, we are playing this Thursday, May 26th, at Margarita Mama's.  I dunno' if we're playing with the same band that was scheduled last time, but who cares... we'll be there! :-D  As always, I invite anyone (21+) to attend and join in the festivities.  I believe that we're goin' on around 8:30ish; cover charge is $5 (I think... ).  It should be a good time, so I hope to see you there! :-D

Ross Mead

So it is official...

We are NOT playing this Thursday, May 26th, at Margarita Mama's...

Apparently the guy that was hired to do the advertising and marketing for the local shows on Thursdays at Margarita Mama's has essentially been doing absolutely nothing for the past few weeks.  Thus, Margarita Mama's has decided to drop the whole "live band Thursdays" thing altogether.  It's sad that because of one person's laziness that local bands and their music have to suffer.

I can proudly say, however, that we are officially the last band to play the "live band Thursdays" at Margarita Mama's, playing on Cinco de Mayo, but we can gladly say that we were not the CAUSE of the ending to the "live band Thursdays"... or atleast I hope not... ;-)

A few of the guys in charge of booking local shows have offered us some gigs, though details are a bit sketchy at this time.  The only date and place I've heard thus far is July 2nd at the Ground Floor in Belleville.  Hopefully, this will be an all-ages show, and everyone will be invited to attend.  I'll post details as they develop...

To anyone who even began to think of joining us for a show, we really appreciate your interest and support, and welcome you to any event that we play.  Thanx! :-D