• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Blank keyboard

Started by Tyler, 2005-05-25T12:43:35-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

Slashdot just posted an article about a blank keyboard and that it will make you type faster.

The article

I find this interesting because I have had my keys painted over for awhile now.  Some of you have already seen it, but here's The Beast.  I have the keyboard painted over.  It's weird knowing you can't even look if you want/need to.  I've been pretty good at typing for awhile now, but it was a new step painting over the actual keys.  I've noticed my typing getting better.   I never look for anything, numbers, symbols, anything.  

The crazy thing is that people would pay money for a keyboard with no letters on it.  You can spray paint it yourself in about an hour for the cost of a $3 can of Krylon.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

bill corcoran

i think the crazy thing is that people would pay EXTRA money for a keyboard with no letters on it.  though personally, i don't care for the feel of painted keys, i'm sure you'd get used to it.

what i hate about keyboards is that they are all so damned big.  everything but letters/numbers i use infrequently enough to just overlay them with a combo (like a lot of laptop keyboards do).  and don't even get me started on those "internet", "shortcut" and "e-mail" keys that have never been pressed...
-bill

bill corcoran

i could get used to something like this:

http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/en/hhkeyboard/images/200B.jpg

if only it wasn't an outrageous $70
-bill

Tyler

I will admit, it does take a little getting used to when it comes to the feeling of painted keys.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005