• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

A thought for gmail

Started by The_ME, 2005-05-25T16:20:58-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

The_ME

I have so much space in gmail it really bugs the hell out of me. I really don't know what to do with it. The gmail drive extention is a start in the right direction, but the attachments are only allowed to be 10Mb in size. A good idea would be to write a backend that splits files names them and creates filter for the file. The front end would only show the single file. The front end would show the storage space left and the files in the account.
     It is just a thought. I am aware that linux can be run from a gmail account.

Bryan

that would be pretty cool actually
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

William Grim

As far as I know, it would be pretty against their TOS as well.  I remember reading it at one point, and it explicitly said they didn't want their system used as a dumping ground for extra files.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

I think what the ME was talking about was something that google would setup.  If they are setting it up chances are they would amend their TOS to reflect it.  Of course maybe not since no one reads TOS agreements anyway.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

The_ME

Actually, I was talking about 3rd party software doing it. I don't think google would do that. It could be a CAOS-hack-a-day event maybe.