• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

HELP WANTED show, featuring Jinriksha Armata

Started by Ross Mead, 2005-06-29T13:36:36-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Hey all, justed wanted to throw out yet another shameless plug for one of our shows.  My band, Jinriksha Armata, will be playing the HELP WANTED show this Saturday, July 2nd, at The Ground Floor in Belleville, along with Ether Project, Horshack, and Zero Principle.

In case you haven't heard us before, we play a heavier form of funk and jazz, though most would describe it as a form of progressive rock.  We've played with both Ether Project and Zero Principle before, and they're both somewhat similar in style.

I invite everyone to attend.  If anyone is interested, please post, e-mail me, or call me, as I am the one selling tickets.  Tickets are $5, plus a $1 surcharge at the door for minors (yes, this is an all-ages show!).

The Ground Floor is a coffee shop and bar, and is located at 215 E. Main Street in downtown Belleville, IL.  For directions, check out MapQuest or Google Maps, or contact them at (618)-277-1026 for more information.

We hope to see you there, and thank you for your support! :punk:

Ross Mead

Well, we had an amazing show.  We had a larger turn-out than expected, and the crowd really got into the music.  We really appreciated the compliments and support we received from the crowd.  We're proud to say that though we were not the headlining band (we played just before them), we had nearly triple the turn-out than the headlining band.

Future shows are in limbo right now as our schedules are somewhat hectic for the remainder of July.  I'll post something when we know of our next gig.

A special thanx goes out to our VP, Brad, for showing up and bringing some of his friends along.  We appreciate your support and hope you enjoyed the music! :punk: