• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

So...are there not job openings in Stl or what?

Started by Bryan, 2005-07-07T17:15:59-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

This is more of  just a sideline note...but what's with the CAOS Job Resource (that link in the upper right hand corner) not having any St. Louis jobs but all Chicago based.  I KNOW there are companies in St. Louis hiring
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

derrickb52

I posted about a month ago that my work is hiring and got no response. We're still searching.

eot

Jerry

Quotederrickb52 wrote:
I posted about a month ago that my work is hiring and got no response. We're still searching.

Beside posting, send me any info you have about the position. I have otherways of advertising to students who are graduting.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

derrickb52

Jerry

Quotederrickb52 wrote:
still jweinbe @.....edu?

do you remember me?

Yep on the email.

Well, I don't know everyone's handle. And there are a couple of Derricks, but if the B-52 refers to the bomber then you could be Derrick of the infamous Web-based Dating Service Senior Project

derrickb52

Not that old. I think my team did the only ever MAC senior project (:

*shudder*

Jerry

Quotederrickb52 wrote:
Not that old. I think my team did the only ever MAC senior project (:

*shudder*

Ahhh, yes. The Dental School Project.

Derrick!  Great to hear from you.

derrickb52

I'll get that email to ya after my camping/float trip.

I really don't remember most of my professors at SIUE except most of the CS staff and a few math profs. (Wait, could be because those were the majority of my classes)

I think my fav. CS teachers were Yu and You. Is Yu still teaching?

Jerry

Thanks!

Yep, Dr. Yu is still here. He's going on sabbatical in the fall. He's doing a project that's about using Aibo's in the AI class.

John Paul

I dont remember if I handed over the officer account for this job resource. I have put a request to reset the password for the officer account and a new password along with login id will be mailed to webadmin at caos.

JohnPaul
webadmin@CAOS(retired)
johnpaul
<------<

derrickb52

Jerry: I'll let you know of future positions available, I was told today by the bosses that they are only looking for TS (top secret) cleared people right now, I was unaware of that, sorry.

Derrick

Bryan

Just thought I would go ahead and respond that I was hired by a company in St. Louis this past Wednesday.  On the 20th I will begin working at Perficientwhere I will be doing usability testing and user centered software design.  So I'd just like to say  :-P to everyone that called CS321 a complete waste of time.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.