• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Qwute of the Day

Started by Sheila Shahpari, 2005-07-27T21:23:05-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheila Shahpari

"You have little brother?"
Yes.

"What his name?"
Ethan.

"No, that to hard.  You have other brother?"
Yeah, I have one named Justin.

"That even harder.  What about Bill?  You have brother named Bill?"
No..

"Just say yes."
Ok..

"You call Bill in your home, that's 'lifetime'.  You have another one outside your home, don't call him Bill.  Call him Jason."

Tyler

while(ReadingQwutes())
{
DrinkBeer();
}

:-?
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Jerry

:tinfoil:

Ok, I'm utterly confused on this one.  

Is this some sort of analogy for scope?  Bill is a local variable and Justin is a global?
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Sheila Shahpari

If I remember correctly, we were talking about variable bindings for the external scope of a function versus local scope.  So the analogy would make sense if it weren't for the naming the other Bill Jason.  

But really, who knows??

raptor

OK,

Enough of these qwutes.  I mean they even lack basic grammar for crying out loud.  It sounds like a cave man wrote these.

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Tyler

Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

William Grim

I agree with you, Raptor.  These "qwutes" do suck, and I've been thinking that ever since they were introduced.

I don't think I've had so much as a girly giggle, but maybe that's just me.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

Maybe it's my extreme dislike for Dr. Wu, or my hatred for the way tenure is handled (in general), or perhaps it's just the fact that I'm one f'ed up individual, but MORE QWUTES!!!!
Bryan Grubaugh

raptor

Well I'll tell you what Grubau.  Maybe you and SlartyBartfast can just have a little pow wow together, you can sit around drink some root beer and entertain each other.  How nice. But PLEASE don't make the rest of us SUFFER.

Lol,
Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

EvilAndrew

I agree.  The Qwutes are really not that funny and seem a little mean-spirited.  Perhaps we can find some Tech. jokes that appeal to a larger audience (not just people who have taken one class).

I'll start.

Bryan

Scott, have you ever Met SlartyBartfast (or as we call her in the real world, Sheila)?  She's one hot lady and I'll sit round and drink with her anytime she wants the company....as long as she's not my acting project manager..then things get tense  :-P
Bryan Grubaugh

DaleDoe

I'm up for more Qwutes.  I know there are some better ones out there than these, but when we had a CAOS thread on this a couple of years ago it got removed due to a hillarious quote relating C++ to a co-ed dorm.

I tell ya, Dr. Wu's class would be great if you could sit in the back and drink a couple of beers.

"If you have two dollar, drink beer.  If you have two more dollar, drink another beer.  So long as you have two dollar, you drink beer." :pint: (explaining a for-loop to engineers)
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

bill corcoran

they're not all knee-slappers, and they're not for everbody.  if you don't like them, how about not reading topics with "qwute" in the title?  i can't believe you guys actually find this worth complaining about...

i usually get a chuckle or a snicker from them, keep 'em coming.  though, maybe you could number the topics or put them all in one big long topic?  several topics with the same name is a bit confusing...
-bill

Jerry

I find qwutes amusing in a sort of masochistic way. Of course my relationship to the CS Department and the faculty is different than yours.

I have no problem with the thread as long as it does not get degenerate to name calling or in ModernDarwin's case to asking other CAOS posters out on a date. ;-)

But the funniest thing I've seen so far is this:

QuoteDaleDoe wrote:

Orwell was an optimist. :tinfoil:

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...