• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Qwute of the Day

Started by Sheila Shahpari, 2005-07-27T21:23:05-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Does propositioning count as asking her out on a date?  :-o

come on Sheila, you know I love ya  :-P
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Ross Mead

Personally, I think the "qwutes" are great.  Not necessarily because they make me laugh, but because I find it interesting that I actually have to go back and read the "qwute" multiple times to even begin to understand what it's even referring to... and that I believe is the point!  The fact that the "qwutes" are phrases that have actually been said is enough for me to crack a grin, and it's a great way for those that have actually had to bear with these "qwutes" in an actual class to somewhat vent.  In short, if you don't like the topic, then don't read it, or better yet, post a new topic that interests you more! ;-)  I say keep 'em comin'! :-)

Man Bryan, first my girlfriend's sister, now Sheila... :-P

**poke** :-D

Bryan

So, how has Rachel been these days anyway? Tell her I said hello.  ;-)
Bryan Grubaugh

Sheila Shahpari

Whoaa...what's this craziness??  I had no idea Qwutes would be such a scandal!  I meant no harm with them, I just thought of them as a bonding between fellow studens who had witnessed them.  While most of them might not be that funny, I thought it was more fun to try and figure out what he was trying to say.

I guess we could take a poll on who wants the Qwutes to continue.  

Until then, no Qwute for you!

Bryan

What's this? since when do you roll over and give up at the first sign of someone going against you? (and why couldn't you have been that way in senior project!) Forget the peoplet hat don't like it, they must be interested in them somewhat or they wouldn't be clicking the damn threads!
Bryan Grubaugh

Sheila Shahpari

Bryan

Hey, it could have been worse..I could have made more in depth comments along the lines of you rolling over easily ;-)  :lol:
Bryan Grubaugh

Sheila Shahpari

Gregory Bartholomew

FYI, I don't click on the threads, I automatically receive posts via email.  I'll go ahead and take the liberty of setting up an account for Dr. Wu and automatically forwarding all new posts to his email address.

Sincerely,
Greg Bartholomew
CAOS Administrator

William Grim

Alright, I've been gone all weekend.  Coming back, it's disheartening to see sexism getting on our boards too.

If we could keep the boards tasteful, that would be best.  After all, these forums do represent the SIUE community.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

Congratulations Mike you picked one of the few topics that's likely to make me type for a very long time.  If you are referring to any of my comments as sexist then by all means please explain how.  Last time I checked complimenting someone, and then teasing them in return does not count as sexist.  Last time I checked being sexist was discrimination of someone based on gender.  What you also probably do not know is that I asked Sheila on AIM if she was upset with any of the comments and wanted to know if I should erase them.  I find your comment funny coming from someone that doesn't like going to the art building because "those people scare me"

The_Pot: HEY KETTLE, YOU'RE BLACK!

As for Greg's post, by all means forward them to Dr. Wu's email address.  Maybe then he'll know what his students really think of him.  That he's old, senile, and needs to retire so he can stop wasting students time and money.q
Bryan Grubaugh

Tyler

I love when threads get exciting to read!
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

William Grim

QuoteModernDayDarwin wrote:

I could have made more in
depth comments along the lines of you rolling over easily

That comment couldn't be taken any other way...  If it wasn't "sexist", then it was certainly distasteful.  I really don't care if you think it was okay; I'm asking you not to do it.

And so what if I don't like going to the art building?  You don't hear me talking about it, and it's really none of your business what I think or don't think.  Also, for your information, I dated a girl who was very into art for 2.5 years, if it matters, and my current girlfriend is in what you could consider an artistic major.

Let's just stop talking about this.  If you don't consider it sexist, fine, but I consider it distasteful.  It serves no constructive purpose to the forums.
William Grim

Bryan

I agree arguing serves no constructive purpose.  So you continue making your posts, Slarty can contiue writing the Qwute's, and I'll continue pissing people off.

god bless freedom of speech.
Bryan Grubaugh

William Grim

Let me be a little more clear...

DON'T try to piss people off, or I'll just have you banned.  This server is not protected by the freedom of speech.  It is moderated by SIUE, and you are free not to use it, in exactly the same way SIUE is free to not host it.  If you think you are free to say what you want on 3rd party physical devices that you do not own, then you need to have a long long talk to moderators of IRC, slashdot, usenet, and countless others.

Don't abuse your privileges or other people.  This rule goes for anyone using the server.

Thanks, and have a good day!
William Grim