• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Qwute of the Day

Started by Sheila Shahpari, 2005-07-27T21:23:05-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

There used to be a bunch of articles on this very topic, freedom of speech in online forums.  Wonder if I can dig those up or if anything eas ever legistlated.  At any rate I'll do whatever you want, but I'm going ot be upset if slart stops posting qwutes.  It was one of the few things that got posted on here...let alone one of the few intersting things.

On a side note did you ever figure out why the caos officers mailing list isn't working?
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

William Grim

QuoteModernDayDarwin wrote:

On a side note did you ever figure out why the caos officers mailing list isn't working?

Yeah, just found out that OIT is blocking all outbound connections on port 25.  They had tried telling us about this before via automated email responses, but their email responses just made it seem like they had broken MX records.  The mail server has been updated to forward mails to the correct SMTP server, and hopefully we'll know soon if everyone is getting their mails again.

For the CAOS officers, I sent out a mail with the subject, "Getting Emails Now?"  Did all of you get it?
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Shaun Martin

"For a boy, there are many girls.  You get many dates."

"If you have money and I have money.  We go drink.  If I don't have money and you don't have money.  We no go drink.  We go library. We study. No sleep. Study, study, study."

"It is raining, you don't bring umbrella.  Parents beat you.  Why you no bring umbrella? It's raining!"
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

raptor

I thought this board had a minimum IQ level when it came to posts
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Brad Nunnally

Quotemartins wrote:
"For a boy, there are many girls.  You get many dates."

"If you have money and I have money.  We go drink.  If I don't have money and you don't have money.  We no go drink.  We go library. We study. No sleep. Study, study, study."

"It is raining, you don't bring umbrella.  Parents beat you.  Why you no bring umbrella? It's raining!"

QFT !!!! Ahh Just remember folks I was the one that choose to go through TWO semesters of that.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

raptor

Here is one for you...

Working on an application with another programmer and a guy stops by the office with a database problem and goes....
" uhh that field that I was having a problem with,,, well its not null its just not there" :-?

so my offical new database qwute

"its not null, its jsut not there"
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant